The coronavirus situation, or COVID-19, is likely to improve in the first epidemic country like China. But at the same time, other countries such as Italy, Japan, South Korea, etc., still have a worrying situation. Especially in our country where there is a shortage of masks from medical personnel public health circle to the general public, this is a worrying and worrisome situation. So I want to take everyone to get to know the production of masks that is actually difficult to produce.
Or how much! Initially, disposable medical masks are made up of three layers of non-woven fibers, with an inner layer of plain non-woven used to absorb moisture from the wearer. The outer layer is usually waterproof non-woven to prevent the distribution of fluid from the patient while the middle layer is a polypropylene non-woven filter that has been made to have static electricity properties to trap and prevent germs it is divided into 3 main types:
- General use
- Fine filter
- Resist liquid permeation
Disposable face masks are popular for their use because they are safe from infection as they are not reusable. In the period after the PM 2.5 pollution problem that comes to visit China every year, whether it’s Chiang Mai, Bangkok or other provinces, the demand for masks has increased dramatically. When faced with the rapidly spreading coronavirus disease, the demand in the market has increased dramatically. In this article, we are going to see the process of surgical mask manufacturer . Read the entire article carefully.
Standards for medical masks
We would like to give an example of the standard for medical masks tested in China, which is the world’s largest producer.
- EN 149 Respiratory Protection – Half Mask for Protection from Particles – Test Requirements
- EN 14683 Medical masks – Required properties and test methods
- ASTM F2100, a specific standard for material quality used in the manufacture of medical masks.
- NIOSH Guidelines for Selecting and Using Respiratory Protective Equipment
- EN 14168 Medical masks Requirements and methods for testing
- GB 2626 Respiratory protective equipment that does not use energy to purify air particles
The medical mask manufacturing process
The non-woven base material is hung on the device to allow for automatic feeding into the machine, and then the ear loop is attached and sterilized with Ethylene Oxide and left for 7 days to evaporate. The preliminary steps are as follows.
- Combining three layers of non-woven together
- Sew the nose wire to the non-woven fabric.
- Fold the mask into layers.
- Cut to size to fit 1 mask.
- Strengthen the edge of the mask
- Attach the loop to the four corners of the mask with a heating device.
As for the production speed, it varies according to the machine model. The samples we show are machines from China that can produce up to 80 pieces per minute.
The current situation in China and the shortage of masks
- Under the current uncertainty, if anyone now walks to a pharmacy and finds a hygienic mask, it must be considered good merit! Currently, the market value of masks is 15,000 – 20 billion money, from the original period of 7,000 – 10 billion money, which is a result of increased production capacity and increased value in each unit as well. In a general situation, the demand for masks is 30 million pieces per month, with a production capacity of 300 million pieces per year. At present, the production capacity is increased to 600 million pieces and the production will be carried out 24 hours a day.
- It can be seen that even with more than double the production capacity and accelerate production to 24 hours and have government agencies collect all the products every day. But those products have been scarce even in departments like hospitals, where the average daily workload is needed. 4,000 pieces, with about 112 large hospitals nationwide, resulting in the demand for large hospitals at 448,000 pieces, which is not too much for the average production capacity of more than 1 million pieces per day (in normal times.), but at present, the production capacity is doubled It is also made into a regulated product, thus raising questions to the manufacturing sector if available capacity is too small during critical times. Or is it really a different problem?
- In the midst of the multitude of news flows in the social currents, there is quite a bit of questionable information. No matter where the manufactured goods go or even order that all manufactured goods be controlled and shipped solely to the state including many delayed production credits Where will there be cases of hoarding and exporting of goods abroad when there is a severe shortage? All these problems create difficulties for both manufacture medical personnel and the general public thoroughly Modern Manufacturing I would like to send encouragement to everyone to go through the problems that are happening, whether it’s the epidemic or the business sector.
Also Read about Eye Safety Glasses