Social media has gained ground and helped the world advance at a meteoric pace. WhatsApp is one of those contenders that are making good impressions around cyberspace. It is one of the most used messaging applications around the world, and it has served around 2 billion people from 180 countries. It has more than half a billion active users daily.
People use it for many purposes. Let’s say you want to connect with a family member or someone you’ve met. You can do it quickly and easily by using WhatsApp Messenger. To stay in touch with them, all you need to do is add them on your WhatsApp. But adding someone on WhatsApp for the first time can be a little confusing. That’s why we are here to help you with how to do it most easily. Follow the instructions below, and you’ll be good to go.
Before we begin, bear in mind that you will get slightly different experiences on Android and iOS. We’ll talk about both of them as we proceed. In some cases, after you find someone on Whatsapp, you might want to wait until the person gets online. But you can’t check every once in a while if the person is online. That being the case, you can check out another article about how to get notifications when someone is online on Whatsapp. Without further ado, let’s start with finding someone on Whatsapp android.
1. First, you’ll need to install the Whatsapp Messenger application from Google Play Store and register an account providing your contact number, name, profile picture (optional), and all the permissions needed to run the application.
2. Once you’re all set up and ready to go, you can find people from your contacts and connect with them. Make sure you’re on the “Chats” menu next to “Status” and “Calls”.
3. Click on the “Start a chat” icon located in the bottom right corner of the app. This will open a page of a list containing all the contacts in your phone that are on WhatsApp.
4. Type in the name of the contact or the contact number in the search bar and if the contact is in WhatsApp, you’ll be able to send a direct message to them and if they’re not, you can still invite them and Whatsapp will send a message on their phone saying you have invited them to join Whatsapp.
As we’ve mentioned before, the process is slightly different in iOS than Android. Here’s how to add someone on Whatsapp from an iOS device.
1. Download Whatsapp from the app store and then follow the instructions indicated on the first step of the Android version.
2. To add people you know, click on the “Chats” option next to the options “Camera” and “Settings” on the bottom bar.
3. On iOS, there are two ways to start a conversation with someone. You can select the icon at the top right corner or you can choose the “Start Messaging” option.
4. Choosing any of the options from the third step will take you to a list of your contacts and you can simply search the contact name or type in the number of the contact and start a conversation.
Note that, before you try to add someone on Whatsapp, you must have their contact number saved in your phone’s contact diary. Also, they need to have WhatsApp Messenger installed or downloaded on their phone. If someone hasn’t registered an account on Whatsapp, you can’t find them. But you can invite them by clicking the “Invite” option next to their name which will send them an invitation text to join on Whatsapp.
Suppose, you have to text someone on WhatsApp just for once. You don’t have any intention to contact that person in the future. Will you have to save this person’s number on your contact list for this? Obviously, you don’t want to save a contact just to find him on WhatsApp. In that case, there is an easier way to find his WhatsApp account without saving the phone number. Although you will still need the phone number of the person. Get the phone number and follow these steps:
- Open a browser on your phone and type this address: wa.me/[phone number]. Here insert the person’s phone number with the country code but omit the “+” sign. Do not put any spaces in between. If you are trying to text someone in the USA, the address would look like this: wa.me/16465106465.
- After inserting the number on the address bar, hit enter. Now you will see a green button that says- Continue to chat. Click on it. This should open the Whatsapp app on your phone. Or if you are on PC, you can click on the Whatsapp web button to open up the chat.
- Now, you will get the chat box opened just like a regular contact except now the contact is not saved in your phone.
This might be the easiest way even for adding known people on Whatsapp. Just enter the address containing the person’s phone number and later you can add him to your contact list directly from there. You can follow Fixinghacks for more social media app tricks like this.
Whatsapp is always among the top 10 most trending social apps. It is hardly unlikely that you wouldn’t have to use it even for once. If you are not familiar with operating Whatsapp on a smartphone, you may have a hard time finding and adding someone on WhatsApp. This article above shows how to find someone on Whatsapp and get notified if someone is online on WhatsApp in the easiest way possible and with the best tools you can use. Hope this write-up was helpful.