Workplace incidents are common and luckily, almost entirely stoppable if you stay accommodating with OSHA workplace safety standards. All you need to do is recognise the workplace hazards that cause these Workplace incidents and implement a safety program for them. If you’re struggling to recognise these, it may be time to complete a Health and Safety Rep refresher course to brush up on OHSA standards. From slips and trips to equipment injuries, we have a guide for managing and preventing common workplace injuries to keep your workers safe.
1. Slips, Trips and Falls
This kind of incident makes up for the majority of industry accidents – and they’re the second leading cause of accidental death. Here’s you can can minimize these Workplace incidents –
- Listen – Employees are your eyes and ears on the ground with Safety Assure application for workplace incident record keeping.
- Stay Clear – Be sure to clear any snow, ice, water, or spilled substances, to minimize risk of slips and trips.
- Don’t Slip – Require employees to wear shoes with rubber soles and plenty of traction.
2. Overexertion Injuries
Overexertion are non-impact injuries resulting from excessive physical efforts, like lifting, pullking, carrying and throwing. Address the strains and sprains – With Safety Assure anyone can track and analyze ergonomic injuries, and present opportunities for improved safety and posture.
Equipment related accidents happen. But providing protective equipment and equipment maintenance can help –
- Tune up – stay on top of regulatory compliance and equipment maintenance with Safety Assure compliance management application.
- Suit Up – Provide employees with protective clothing and the training necessary for proper use.
4. Environmental Hazards
According to OSHA, environmental hazards can include exposure to loud noise, Insufficient lighting and toxic fumes and other detriments to employee health. Perform regular audits of your surroundings – use Safety Assure to enable a safe working environment, and classify potential environmental hazards.
5. Vehicle accidents
The CDC logged 18,000+ work-related vehicle accidents between 2003 and 2012. Companies can manage these incidents by being proactive and prepared.
- Stay safe – Safety Assure allows employers to maintain and track safety training requirements for employees who are associated with transport vehicles.
- Audit First – Stay current on audit and maintain safe equipment condition as per OSHA requirement with Safety Assure Audit Tool.
Safety Assure – Simplify OSHA Recordkeeping & Compliance Management
Cloud Apper Safety helps employers establish a safer workplace without any unnecessary administrative burden. It offers an easy-to-use mobile app that can be used for OSHA recordkeeping for injury and illness – It enables your employees to log incidents, accidents, near misses, and observations with ease and wherever these incidents are noticed. Keeping your employees safe and complying with safety standards to avoid penalties and lower operational costs has never been easier!