Sleeping space for a baby that is smaller than a crib is called a bassinet. These are designed for newborn to younger babies and it goes with baby crib sheets that make your infant more comfortable. You usually place it beside your bed to have easy access to your baby through the night. Bassinets can be mobile too which means you can move them around and the baby can nap near you. Here are the 10 best baby bassinets . Choose your favorite!
- Halo Bassinet Swivel Sleeper Essentia Series ($199)
Halo Bassinets are the best baby bassinet for the best bedside fit. With a retractable wall and sheer mesh around the sides, this bassinet is best for moms who have just given birth. The bassinet can handle weight under 20 lbs. However, you must change this bassinet when your baby starts rolling over.
- 360-degree swivel
- Adjustable stand
- A retractable wall on one side so that you can pick up your baby with ease.
- The base tucks under the bed which saves floor space.
- Sheer mesh sides make the bassinet breathable and visible.
- Not travel-friendly
- High price for a bassinet
- Arm’s Reach Mini 2-in-1 Co-sleeper Bassinet ($230)
Arm’s Reach Bassinet is the best baby bassinet for being the safest co-sleeping bassinet. As the name implies, with this baby bassinet you can have your baby quite close to you and the 4 breathable sides allow you to keep an eye on your little one. Here are the pros and cons you must consider before committing to it. It is suitable for babies from 0 to 5 months of age.
- Freestanding bassinet so that you can use it as a mini-crib.
- Plenty of storage underneath for extra swaddles, wipes, and diapers.
- Retractable side for attaching it to your bed and scooping up your little one for nursing.
- Built-in wheels for acting as a mobile bassinet.
- Compact packing
- 24 inches height
- Leg extension kit required to increase height
- Chicco LullaGo Anywhere Portable Bassinet ($99.99)
The bassinet from Chicco LullaGo is the best baby bassinet which is affordable and yet has all the demanding features. The mesh pocket on its side helps you to tuck the bassinet into it when you are storing it away. The bassinet can handle up to 20 lbs of weight and is suitable for babies who are beginning to push up their hands and knees.
- Lightweight also indicates that it’s portable
- Portable which means it’s travel-friendly and can be carried around in your tote.
- Simple, Well-priced, straightforward which makes it affordable
- Breathable mesh sides help the baby have plenty of air
- This bassinet comes with a fitted sheet.
- No bottom shelf which means no extra storage.
- A small ridge at the center of the mattress might cause discomfort.
- Happiest Baby Snoo Smart Sleeper Bassinet ($1595)
The Happiest Baby Snoo bassinet is the best smart baby bassinet on this list. It can handle a weight of up to 26 lbs. This bassinet is best for babies who can get up on their knees or hands and also for newborns.
- A built-in swaddle responds to your baby’s cries with movement.
- It was developed by a pediatrician.
- A Snoo monitor soothes the baby with white noise and gentle rocking.
- Rental option available if you can’t afford it at $159/month ($5/day).
- This bassinet is expensive.
- 4moms mamaRoo Sleep Bassinet ($374.99)
Another smart bassinet at an affordable price, the 4moms mamaRoo bassinet is an innovative baby gear that can hold infants up to 25 lbs. Unlike the Snoo baby gear, this baby bassinet does not automatically respond to the baby’s cries but has 5 unique human-like motions that can be controlled via a touchscreen:
- Tree swing
- Car ride
- A smart bassinet at an affordable price
- 5 unique movements mimicking human movement
- Built-in soothing white noise
- Water-resistant mattress and sheet
- Mesh sides for visibility and breathability
- No continuous movement option
- Has to be controlled by an app that has a timer option
- Noticeable jerky motion when the bassinet turns on/off, or when it switches between motions
- Graco My View 4-in-1 Bassinet ($159.99)
Graco My View is a 4-in-1 baby bassinet that can be converted into these 4 combinations:
- A playard (for infants who won’t be able to climb out)
- Crib-level for older infants (for infants under 20 lbs)
- Raised bassinet for newborns (for infants under 15 lbs)
- A removable infant travel bassinet (for infants under 15 lbs)
- Multi-use product
- 4 configurations
- Smaller than a traditional playard
- Playard configuration not suitable for older infants
- Chicco Close to You 3-in-1 Bedside Bassinet ($299.99)
Chicco Close to You baby bassinet is taller than the other bassinets mentioned here on this list. With its sturdy build, it can be passed on to your younger children. The bassinet is for babies under 20 lbs. Here’s what you should consider before buying one:
- Can slide under the bed saving space
- Adjustable, i.e., suitable for taller beds too
- Can double as a changing station
- Swivel wheels make it mobile
- Mattress can be flipped to turn it into a waterproof changing pad (for infants up to 20 lbs)
- Not travel-friendly
- It is a tad bit expensive
- Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet ($149)
The baby bassinet from Fisher-price has gentle vibration or white noise that instantly soothes a baby. It is perfect for babies who can push up on their knees and hands or pull up and can handle a maximum weight of 20 lbs. Here are its pros and cons:
- Built-in nightlight
- Mesh sides for easy viewing and airflow
- Gentle motion
- Mesmerizing vibrations and sounds
- Thin mattress
- Babybjorn Cradle ($349.99)
Babybjorn is known for its minimalistic design and wood finish and all the pros here make it worth an investment. It can handle babies 0 to 6 months and a maximum weight of 18 lbs.
- Lightweight so that it can be easily moved from room to room
- Clean and a modern look
- Heirloom quality
- Gentle rocking movement
- Breathable mesh sides
- Machine washable (from fabric to mattress)
- Baby Delight Slumber Deluxe Rocking Bassinet ($129.99)
The Baby Delight bassinet is for newborns to babies under 5 months of age who weigh around 20 lbs. However, stop using it when your baby starts rolling over or pushes up on knees and hands. The major feature is that it has a canopy to protect your baby when in the open air. Here’s what you must keep in mind before buying one:
- Can be in rocking mode (manual) or be stationary via the rotatable bottom legs
- The compact size makes it travel-friendly
- Easy setup
- Canopy for bug and sun protection
- Thin mattress
The Bottom Line
The bassinets from Baby Delight are the perfect combination of stylish and affordability while amongst the smart bassinets, the 4moms mamaRoo is the best baby bassinet. For multi-purpose, you can choose the baby bassinet from Graco My View. Hope our list helped you choose your best baby bassinet.
- Is a bassinet safe for newborns?
Yes, bassinets are safe for newborns as it has a tightly-regulated area that provides a safe sleep environment.
- How long can a baby be in a bassinet?
Bassinets can be used to hold a baby up to 6 months of age. Typically, bassinets are used as a sleeping space for babies before transitioning into a crib.
- What is safer a crib or a bassinet?
Baby bassinets are cheaper and are known for their features like portability and compact size. There is no “better” when it comes to a crib or a bassinet as it all depends on personal preference.