10 Must-Visit Attractions in Batam for Singaporean Travelers
There are several attractions in Batam that are amazing options for visitors. You can take a ferry to Batam to reach the destination. You will find ferries running to the Batam Center from the Harbourfront or Tanah Merah. Batam Island is only an hour’s distance from Singapore, being a part of the Riau Islands Province in Indonesia. One of the most popular ferry service to Batam is by the Batam Fast ferry operator. The destination is visa-free and draws travellers in large numbers from both Singapore and Malaysia.
Batam Island offers a plethora of special experiences for visitors. Some of the must-visit attractions here include the following:
- Nongsa Beach– The Nongsa Beach is one of the most popular ones in Batam Island. You will access the beach from the Singapore Airport within just 25 minutes. This beach offers a lovely view of the skyline of Singapore as well. It is a must-visit attraction in Batam Island, offering serenity and lovely waters along with several other attractions and activities. Get your Batam fast ferry ticket to experience the beauty of Nongsa Beach.
- Putri Island– The Putri Island is not far away from Nongsa Beach. You may take a boat ride from Nongsa Beach. This will help you access this island within a period of 5-10 minutes. This beach is relatively new and it gets a large volume of tourists on the weekends as well. This is another attraction that you should also check out while you are in Batam Island.
- Mangrove Pandang Tak Jemu– This is not very far off from the Nongsa Area and you will stumble upon this beautiful mangrove forest. The Mangrove Pandang Tak Jemu is an ideal place to take photographs of nature in its entire splendor. You will come across lovely trees and wooden boards with several motivational quotes. The resort itself is an ideal option here with a pristine atmosphere available for visitors. There are several accommodation options for families, couples, and large travel groups. This is one place that you will certainly want to visit.
- Golfing Destinations– Batam Island offers several golfing destinations that you should not miss. Golf lovers can take their pick from choices like Tering Bay Golf, Sukajadi Golf Course, and Palm Spring Golf. These are golf courses that are worth exploring by all means.
- Barelang Bridge– The Barelang Bridge is one of the biggest attractions that you should include in your Batam Island trip. This bridge links a total of three islands and the Barelang Bridge name comprises Galang, Batam, and Rempang. It has close to six bridges, with the landmark one being the very first bridge, which is an imposing creation with a stylish structure as well.
- Batam Grand Mosque– The Batam Grand Mosque is the biggest in the entire Batam Island. This is located in a prime zone which is only three minutes away from the Batam Centre International Ferry Terminal. It is also just five minutes away from the Hang Nadim International Airport. Nagoya is also 15 minutes away from this paradisiacal destination. You will find the famous Welcome Batam signboard positioned upon the hill, which is in close proximity to this mosque.
- Vihara Duta Maitreya Batam– This landmark is located only 14 kilometres away from the well-known Hang Nadim Airport. You can reach the landmark via car in just 15-16 minutes. You can also reach in ten minutes from the popular Batam Centre International Ferry Terminal. The Vihara is a destination for Buddhist rituals and prayers. The zone is also where you will find a reputed educational institution, offering a whole educational framework to university from kindergarten.
- Nagoya Hill– Nagoya Hill spans a whopping 8.9 acres and is famous for its Nagoya Hill Mall. This is the perfect shopping destination with its array of products available at reasonable prices. Shopping here is one of the key attractions while visiting Batam Island.
- Batam City Square– The Batam City Square or BCS is a popular place for shopping as well. It is located centrally in the middle of this beautiful island. The BCS is a fantastic area for recreation and entertainment.
- Pulau Abang– Pulau Abang is a lovely island which lies southwards from Batam in the province of Riau Archipelago. The Pulau Abang is a wonderful tropical island with its beautiful waters and corals along with mangroves and palm trees. It is also known as the Abang Islands which are popular for day trips for indulging in diving and snorkeling. The amazing diving site is surrounded by several smaller islands which are majorly sites of conservation for corals and the Abang Island covers just 10 square kilometres.
These are the top attractions worth checking out in Batam Island.