Looking to add a little something extra to your Home Décor? Wax melts may be the perfect option for you! In this blog post, we will discuss what wax melts are and how you can make your own at home. We will also provide tips on choosing the right scents and ingredients for your wax melts. So, whether you are a beginner or an experienced DIY-er, read on for all the information you need to create delicious and fragrant wax melts!
Wax melts are a type of scented candle that is made from wax and fragrance oils. Unlike traditional candles, wax melts do not have a wick. Instead, they are meant to be melted in a warmer, which releases the scent into the air. Wax melts are safe, easy to use, and can provide hours of enjoyment!
To make your own wax melts at Home Décor
– Wax (we recommend soy or beeswax)
– Fragrance oil(s) of your choice
– A mold (silicone molds work best)
– A double boiler or melting pot
– A wooden spoon or chopstick
First, you will need to choose the wax and fragrance oil(s) you would like to use. If you are new to making wax melts, we recommend starting with soy or beeswax. These types of wax are easy to work with and have a low melting point, which makes them safer to use in a warmer. As for fragrance oils, the sky is the limit! You can choose one scent or mix and match a few to create your own unique blend.
Begin by melting the wax in a double boiler or melting pot. If you are using a double boiler, make sure that the water in the bottom pot is not boiling. You just want it to be hot enough to melt the wax. Once the wax has melted, remove it from the heat and add your fragrance oil(s). Stir well to combine.
Next, pour the wax mixture into your mold (a silicone mold works best) and let it cool completely. Once it is hardened, you can pop the wax out of the mold and enjoy your homemade wax melt!
Types of Wax Melts:
– Soy wax melts: These are made from soybean oil and have a low melting point, which makes them safe to use in a warmer. They also emit less soot than other types of wax.
– Beeswax melts: These are made from beeswax and also have a low melting point. Beeswax is a natural wax, so it is a good choice for those looking for a more eco-friendly option.
– Paraffin wax melts: These are made from petroleum and have a higher melting point than soy and beeswax. They are also the most affordable type of wax melt. However, they can release harmful chemicals into the air when burned.
– Gel wax melts: These are made from a blend of mineral oil and resin. They have a high melting point and are very fragrant. However, they can be more difficult to find than other types of wax.
When choosing the type of wax for your melts, it is important to consider the scent you would like to use. Some fragrance oils work better with certain types of wax. For example, if you are looking for a strong scent, paraffin wax may be the best option. However, if you are concerned about the release of harmful chemicals, soy or beeswax would be a better choice.
The type of mold you use will also affect the finished product. Silicone molds are the best option for making wax melts because they are flexible and easy to use. However, you can also use metal or plastic molds. Just keep in mind that it may be more difficult to get the wax out of these types of molds.
Making your own wax melts at Home Décor is a fun and easy project that anyone can do. With just a few supplies and some time, you can create beautiful and fragrant wax melts to enjoy in your own home. So what are you waiting for? Get melting!
Do you have any tips for making wax melts? Share them with U’s in the remarks lower!