If you are already aware that SEO is very important for B2B companies and any demand generation agency, and that it is about the positioning of your website in search engines like Google, but you still don’t go much further than that, then this article is for you.
Because organic positioning in search engines is such a broad topic, we want to start off by giving you a fair warning that we will not be very exhaustive.
Instead, we will present some fundamental concepts and straightforward suggestions, which are things that have taken us a considerable amount of time to master.
Therefore, you should learn a little more and continue investigating this intriguing subject to determine the approach that will be most successful for your company.
SEO positioning tips for B2B companies
Define your objectives
The objectives of your business-to-business company should be the first thing you define when developing any strategy.
If you do not have them, any activity that you do in the future will be unsuccessful since you will not be able to accurately measure whether or not the goals were accomplished in the allotted amount of time.
Do not forget to apply your objectives in a SMART way:
- S (Specific): they must be specific.
- M (Measurable): they must be measurable.
- A (achievable): they must be attainable.
- R (realistic): they must be realistic.
- T (time): they must have a deadline.
Define your target audience
After you have decided what you want to accomplish, the next step is to determine who your audience will be.
You might ask yourself: Who exactly am I trying to communicate with? What are the problems or “pains” that my client is experiencing that I will be able to help them with or “heal”? What are their areas of concern?
Carry out some research on possible keywords to improve your organic positioning in search engines.
Imagine yourself in the shoes of your target audience, as it is essential to evaluate the search intentions of your customers in order to locate the appropriate keywords.
Because it will assist in establishing you as an authority in the field in which you operate, the content you produce for your website is of the utmost importance in the SEO strategy.
It would help if you established the digital channels where this information will be delivered in addition to the content approach that you will be using.
Remember once more to put yourself in your customer’s shoes and consider which social networks and platforms he uses. Those are the ones that your business that caters to other businesses ought to be on.
Links also play an essential part in achieving your company’s desired search engine optimization positioning.
Links play this role by facilitating navigation within your website and connecting various internal links to make it easy for potential customers to find the information they require.
You should also include external connections, which lend credibility to your website by connecting it to other sites in the same industry as your business.
Evaluation of the measures done is impossible without first measuring and assessing the results, as is the case with every SEO strategy.
In this manner, you will be able to ascertain, among other things, whether or not the goals were accomplished, whether or not the keywords were appropriately selected or whether or not you need to add new ones, and whether or not the links are operational.
The use of SEO is not a tactic that should be treated flippantly. Nevertheless, perform an in-depth and comprehensive analysis. You may obtain outstanding results that will allow you to benefit from your B2B company and attract more clients in the future.
What has worked best for SEO for many B2B companies?
- Build content clusters around themes that have a high search volume and are not subject to a great deal of competition; these are the well-known long-tail keywords. You can perform some daily or monthly keyword searches with their volumes and percentages of difficulty using certain programs, such as Semrush, which offers free versions of their software and allows you to do so.
- Use various perspectives in various blog entries to discuss the same subject matter (now it is not enough to create landing pages of products or services). Create pillar pages if you want to take it further, and group them into categories first.
- Make use of several forms of the commercial keywords to develop material about them, and be sure to answer the questions that are asked most frequently by potential customers. You could get some ideas by looking at the Related Questions area on Google or by using Answer the Public.
- Make sure you stay up to date on any modifications that are made to the algorithm. SEO has attained such a level of significance that it is now regularly covered in the media. When you realize that Google has altered its algorithm, make sure to take a look at it and consider how this could potentially affect you.