Do you love floral scents? You can create your own Armani-inspired perfumes for women with the flowers that you like the most! It is a technique that everyone can carry out at home without the need for great knowledge. The essential oils and dried flowers are macerated in alcohol to achieve a fresh and very pleasant personalized scent.
Of course, keep in mind that these products do not have as much durability as perfumeries. And, therefore, it is better that you always carry a small bottle with you to go pouring out during the day.
So In this article, we are going to explain how to make perfume from flowers in the easiest way possible.
What Are Floral Perfumes?
Floral perfumes are those that are made using a flower fragrance in their composition. These perfumes stand out for offering fresh and very feminine fragrances. They are suitable for day and night, for example, jasmine perfumes, roses, gardenias, violets, lavender, etc.
These perfumes, as indicated above, can be made with natural flowers but also with synthetic ingredients. The synthetic ones mimic the smell of a specific variety – as most commercial brands tend to do.
Now, commercially we can also find perfumes made with flowers and natural ingredients that have a high percentage of their fragrance in their composition. These are known as niche fragrances.
The only drawback is that the latter triple the price compared to commercial perfumes. This is because the production process is much more traditional, with only a few units available.
So, what to do to avoid using chemical ingredients and paying disproportionate amounts for these fragrances? We recommend that you try making your homemade perfume with flowers at home.
Our Advice before You Start
- When water needs to be added, use distilled water or previously boiled water.
- Do not shake the preparation like a cocktail shaker, but use flexible wrist movements to mix it.
How to Make Perfume from Flowers?
To make a floral perfume that is fresh and long-lasting, you will need to gather these ingredients and materials:
- Flower petals
- Ethyl alcohol 96%
- Distilled water
- Dark glass bottle
- 2 pots
- Perfume bottles
- Sterile gauze
- Pink essence
Steps to follow:
- Get some scented flowers (at least five or six) and pluck all the petals.
- Boil some water in a fairly large pot.
- Submerge the petals of our flowers when the water boils.
- Wait at least ten minutes, cover the pot with a lid, and set it aside for ten days away from heat sources. At this point, you must create a kind of filter that will block the petals and impurities.
- Cover another container with fairly large and thick sterile gauze.
- Pour the contained mixture into the other container. Now add about 20% 96% ethyl alcohol.
- Pour it into a small dark glass bottle, close with a plastic lid, and put it in a cool dark place.
- Leave it for a week and twice a day, preferably in the morning, and shake it at night.
- Put everything in a small bottle of perfume can be bought in any perfumery or multi-price store.
As an alternative to the petals, you can use the essences sold in medicinal herb stores. In this case, the perfume will have stronger fragrance notes.
Thus, pour 20% ethyl alcohol into a glass bottle and the remaining part of distilled water. Add a few drops of essence until you reach the fragrance that we like the most.
Make sure that the bottle that you are going to use for the new perfume is odorless. Otherwise, if you use an old perfume bottle, the fragrances could be mixed.
There are different ways to make perfume from flowers at home and. In this article, we have offered you the most convenient one. It is much easier to do because you will only have to gather these few materials.
But there are other ways which you will find on the internet. Try some of them to find which one suits you the best.