What does an SEO consultant do?
SEO or search engine optimization is a success enabler for small businesses online. This form of digital marketing has allowed many small businesses to survive and thrive in the digital age.
These businesses hire SEO consultants to help them rank higher on search engines. Such SEO consultant services help them target first page ranking of search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo, as well as social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
An SEO consultant can help you or your company by:
• Researching your competitors’ websites to see what keywords they have ranked highest for, which are the most profitable or popular keywords in your industry
• Finding niche keywords that are relevant to your industry and offering a website design that pulls in maximum traffic.
• Listing the keywords you have and what those words mean so you can use them on your website.
• Another aspect of SEO consultant services is designing your website content to target the most popular and profitable keywords.
• Providing you with tools and software in order to optimize your website for search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo.
• Helping you learn how to write unique content that will help your small business survive in the digital age.
• Improving your company’s online visibility through online news releases, social media and content marketing.
• Providing you with free tools to use in your company’s online presence, like link building, blogging and social media.
• Ensuring that your website looks professional and has the highest possible conversion rates.
What does an SEO consultant do?
 Comprehensive site audit
They do a comprehensive site audit to determine the best keywords, URLs, and title tags to target. The SEO consultant can use a keyword tool to determine which keywords bring in most of your site traffic.
What you are looking for is a large amount of high-volume traffic that has good conversion rates. The key is not to go too broad with the keyword targeting and make it too much about yourself or your small business.
 On page optimization
When content is developed for the site, it should be written in a manner that allows for higher search engine indexing. This means using keywords that have a lot of search volume and good click-through rates.
They will suggest adding keywords to optimize metadata like meta titles and meta descriptions. They will also recommend adding fresh keyword-rich content to increase the relevance of your site to a search.
 Off-page optimization
Off-page optimization involves using services like Google Analytics, where the consultant can analyze and see which keywords are bringing you the most traffic. They will then look at whether they are bringing in good conversion rates and how much money they are generating.
They will optimize off-page activities like link building and guest blogging. This is done to make your site more targeted to more relevant keywords. This action will help bring in a lot of traffic and make money for your small business.
 Technical SEO
An SEO consultant will also recommend optimization pointers in the form of technical SEO. This involves changing your website’s code in a way that would optimize its searchability for search engines.
They will create a sitemap of all the pages on your website that can be submitted to Google Webmaster Tools. They may also recommend using a CDN in order to have multiple copies of your website in places around the world, making it easier for people on other continents to access your business.
SEO is a critical element in growing your small business. It is the only way to ensure that you are found on the vast number of search engines that are available on the web today. SEO consultants will help you with their domain expertise. Go for reliable SEO consultant services only with DMA.