With its establishment in 2000, HDFC Mutual Fund ranks among the most prestigious asset management companies in the country.
On the basis of the average assets under management, it is the most significant asset management company (AMC) in the country.
Since its inception as the HDFC Top 200 Fund, the HDFC Top 100 Fund has been one of HDFC’s most prominent large-cap funds. Due to this fact, we will examine this fund in detail in this article.
With assets under management in excess of Rs 4,23,716 crore, HDFC Mutual Fund is one of the nation’s largest mutual fund companies. Since its inception in 1999, the company has been a joint venture between HDFC Limited and ABRDN Investment Management Limited. It became a publicly traded entity in August 2018. For high-risk investors who are interested in a higher degree of volatility and have the ability to ride out the entire market cycle, this is a suitable investment choice.
As of the end of the year, the fund houses 11% of the industry’s assets under management and has a strong position in equity investments. There are currently 9.9 million retail and institutional accounts in operation with the company as of March 31, 2022. With ET Money’s app, you can get the best-filtered funds based on predefined criteria.
There are approximately 89 investment schemes provided by HDFC Mutual Fund. The HDFC Top 100 Fund offers the following features and benefits:
- The fund has surpassed the benchmark (8.97%) and the category average (9.87%) over the past 10 years with a 10-year return of 13.22%.
- In recent years, the fund has performed well in comparison with its peers and the index.
- Over time, the performance of the fund has been a mix of highs and lows.
- Individuals who seek to invest for an extended period of time in an environment with a higher degree of risk may find this type of investment to be suitable.
Ratio of expenses
- It is essential to take the expense ratio of a fund into account prior to investing.
- The expense ratio relates to the amount that is paid to the fund for the management and maintenance of the fund. As a general rule, the smaller the expense ratio, the better it is for the investor.
- The HDFC Top 100 Fund has one of the lowest expense ratios among its peers. Long-term investors can greatly benefit from a small difference in expense ratios.
- HDFC Top 100 Fund has an edge over other funds in the same category due to its decent 1- and 3-year returns. Also, the fund has a relatively low expense ratio and a strong allocation to stocks.
What is the investment procedure in the HDFC Top 100 Fund?
The procedure for making an investment in the HDFC Top 100 Fund is straightforward. This can be accomplished in a number of ways.
- Accessible online:
On their official website, you can select the “Invest Now” option, where you will be required to provide your name, mobile number, and PAN number. In order to initiate account registration, you will be required to complete the one-time registration form.
- In offline mode:
You may proceed with the application process by visiting any HDFC Mutual Fund office and completing the necessary forms and documents. A third party may also be able to purchase the scheme. Please ensure, however, that the authorised dealer is a genuine individual.
- Callback request:
You can request a callback by providing your contact information (name and phone number) on their contact form. An experienced investment professional will be in touch with you to discuss your investment options in more detail.
- Inquire by email:
If you would like further information, please contact their customer service department at the address listed on their website.
- Number toll-free:
You can reach their experts by calling the toll-free number listed on their official website.
You may also chat with an online assistant using the chat option on their website.
The HDFC Top 100 Fund has demonstrated a significant performance advantage over its index benchmark. In the category of large-cap equity funds, it is considered as one of the most successful funds.
This fund is suitable for investors who have a moderate appetite for risk and do not wish to invest in small and mid-cap companies.
It is imperative that all investors understand that investing in equity assets, particularly mutual funds, involves risk. Do your research thoroughly and invest in line with your risk tolerance.
Long-term investing is also a virtue that is highly valued. In the short term, it safeguards us from the risks and losses associated with timing the market.