In the fast-paced world of e-commerce, building high-quality links is an important element in achieving online success. With constant changes in the digital marketing landscape, keeping up with the competition can be challenging for e-commerce owners. This is why link-building has become an integral part of any SEO strategy. Whether you are a beginner or experienced in SEO, following a few easy-to-follow steps can help you rank higher in search engines and drive more traffic to your site.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of building high-quality links for your e-commerce page. And we will make sure to cover everything from finding relevant sources to creating engaging content that will attract links and more. By the end of this guide, you will be filled with the knowledge and skills needed to take your e-commerce site to the next level.
- Identify Relevant and Authoritative Websites: One way to find these websites is by conducting a Google search for keywords related to your business and analyzing the top-ranking websites. Another approach is to use tools like Ahrefs, Moz, and SEMrush to analyze competitor backlinks and find potential opportunities. Additionally, you can buy backlinks or make use of industry-specific directories and resource pages which can be great sources for link building. If you find that your website is not listed, don’t hesitate to reach out to the owner and request it.
- Develop Linkable Assets: Is important to create linkable assets that other websites would find valuable and want to link back to. These assets should align with the content of the website you’re creating and can include various forms of content such as high-quality blog posts, infographics with visual representations of complex data, comprehensive resource pages that offer a list of industry-related links, and engaging videos with unique content.
- Outreach to Relevant Websites: When conducting outreach for backlinks, you must take the time to personalize your approach and offer something of value to the recipient. This can be done by addressing them by name which proves that you’ve done your research, referencing their website, and explaining why your content is relevant to their audience. Also, rather than just asking for a backlink try to offer something in return, this could be a guest post, a product review, or a link to their website from one of your own blog posts. Successful outreach takes time, so don’t be afraid to follow up if you don’t receive a response.
- Utilize Coupon and Discount Code Sites: Submitting your e-commerce site’s coupon or discount codes to deal websites is a proven strategy for building high-quality links. These pages usually provide a link back to your site, which can help to increase your search engine rankings and drive traffic to your store. Search for deal websites that are relevant to your industry or use different tools to find popular deal sites and submit your codes to them.
- Participate in Online Communities: These communities can be found on industry forums, social media groups, and online communities that are specific to your field. While providing helpful information and engaging with other members, you can link to your valuable content or product pages.
- Use Keywords: Keywords are the words and phrases that people use to search for products and services online, and by targeting the right keywords, you can improve your online visibility and drive more traffic to your e-commerce site. To begin, use a keyword research tool to identify the most relevant and high-traffic keywords for your business, look for the ones with a high search volume and low competition, as these will be easier to rank for. Once you have a list of relevant keywords, make sure to incorporate them into your website content, including your product descriptions, blog posts, etc. But be careful not to overuse them, as this can negatively affect your search rankings. Instead, try to include them naturally in your content.
- Promote in Social Media: Building high-quality links through social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn is also possible. By sharing your content on social media and encouraging your followers to do the same, you can increase the visibility of your online store and drive traffic to your website.
- Don’t be afraid of Video Content: Video is a powerful tool for any e-commerce business, not only for engaging customers but also for building high-quality links. Videos are easy to share and embed, which leads to more backlinks to your site. To make the most out of video content, it’s important to experiment with different styles that align with your brand’s message. Whether it’s informative or entertaining, your videos should offer value to your target audience.
- Monitor your backlink profile: Monitoring your backlink profile regularly is essential to ensure that you are not acquiring low-quality or spammy backlinks. By using tools like Google Analytics, you can track the traffic to your website and the sources of that traffic. This will allow you to identify which link-building strategies are effective and which ones require adjustments.