Shift and Schedule
Over Time, Home daily, Home time
What makes Tamarack Materials a great place to work?
We’re Indeed Flex, a revolutionary app for temporary work empowering jobseekers with the fastest way to find work that fits their lifestyles.
Through our evolving technology, we’re putting work in the palm of people’s hands, enabling to decide where, when, and how they work at the click of a button.
At the same time, we partner with employers to deliver access to high-quality workers – Flexers, as we call them – matched to their needs.
With the support of Indeed, the world’s #1 job site, Indeed Flex operates in full autonomy as we strive to transform the temporary staffing landscape by making access to work and jobseekers frictionless.
We’re expanding rapidly and recruiting the brightest, boldest talent to help us achieve our mission. Want to join our journey?
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Supporting the Indeed Flex finance team in the U.S. you will provide support to ensure appropriate accounting of all monies sent and received within the organization. You will provide expertise in tax, insurance, and business matters to support new expansions, ensuring compliance for tax transactions and worker compensation, and other accounting and payroll responsibilities. You will support the reconciliation of company-issued credit cards and apply the appropriate transactions, documentation, and records are kept and support issuance of employee expense reimbursements. You will provide additional support across the finance function, not limited to monthly close, general ledger tasks, invoicing, billing, collections, credit control, payroll, taxes, and other duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the daily processing of transactions /supplier invoices and payments.
- Working closely with the key stakeholders in ensuring business and tax transactions are set up and approved in our financial system.
- Liaising between the tax, Insurance and business teams to set up the appropriate worker comp
- Assist in preparing the month end results for the US legal entities.
- Assist in monthly reconciliation of balance sheets reconciliations for legal entities.
- Reconciliation of the corporate credit card and applying the transactions into the financial system
- Review an upload of employee expenses
- Upload of bank statements and ensure the transactions are reconciled.
- Liaising closely with key stakeholders and team member in paying suppliers on time and collection of receivables
- Generate reporting on performance (trend, variance analysis versus prior year, forecast & budget on a weekly, monthly & quarterly basis).
- Support the Financial Controller with Indeed Flex US Internal /External audit requirements
- Working closely with the business to maintain internal control and risk management of financial accounts
- Compliance with US GAAP & IFRS 101.
- Ad hoc responsibilities
- High School diploma Required
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a finance role, with a minimum of two (2) years of experience leading a team or managing others
- Exceptionally tech-savvy, strong skills in Excel, reporting and data visualization tools, finance software, etc
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities and able to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines with minimal direct supervision
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills – able to communicate effectively through written and verbal communication, present meaningful and impactful information for leadership to make decisions, and support direct reports and internal stakeholders on site and virtually through remote work tools
- Preference for familiarity with NetSuite finance system
- Preference for experience in Staffing, Recruiting, SaaS, or Tech domains
- Preference for experience in a start up or scale-up organization, or as part of a new launch that experienced rapid market expansion and high levels of growth in headcount
- $31.25/Hr -$36.06/Hr. base
- Laptop + WFH equipment
- Amazing company culture
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Regular team-building events
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Where legally permitted, Indeed Flex requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed Flex offices or visiting Indeed Flex clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed Flex office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required. Indeed Flex will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.