Those who need to provide spelling practice for their students in the classroom or at home ,these sentence sets are perfect.
You can write 3-4 sentences per minute on the board. To give your students as many practice opportunities as possible, ask them each to copy the complete sentence onto their paper, making sure they are correct or they can learn from Spellquiz.com website.
Set 1: Double the Consonant
1. In a matter of minutes, the bus will stop.
2. The circus act was well received by the crowd, who clapped for quite a while.
3. All morning, Main Street was jammed with traffic.
4. Our reading class meets at 10 o’clock.
5. Is the puppy getting better?
6. For two hours, we rowed the canoe.
7. We turned off the TV to play outside.
Set 2: Remove the e
1. Mr. Jones hoped I would visit him for his birthday.
2. Autumn is my favorite season!
3. My brother wore a very scary Halloween costume.
4. Grandpa is out tending to the garden.
5. The ninth inning was the end of the baseball game.
6. In math class, we learned how to divide.
7. This newborn baby was just too adorable!
8. I believe that riding the bus to school is more convenient than walking.
9. Mrs. Smith has cared for her husband for many years.
10. It was unbelievable!
These are only a few examples of spelling exercises. Our site has many more resources, such as spelling worksheets, spelling homework, and spelling word games.
Double – 1. Stopping 2. jammed 3. reading 5. getting 6. reddest 8. rowing 9. quitter 10. coloring
Drop – 1. hoped. truly 3. frightening 4. hoeing. Baseball, ninth 6. Dividing 7. Loving 8. riding 9. caring 10. Unbelievable
All About 2nd Grade Words
Students in second grade are encouraged to read more fiction, poetry, and informational texts to help them become better readers. The study of vocabulary words and spelling lists for 2nd grade is a key component of their curriculum.
Students in second grade are expected to:
- Learn more about word usage.
- Talk about books, articles, or short stories.
- Clarify and analyze language
Second graders must be able to understand multiple-meaning words and integrate knowledge and ideas by the end of the school year. They should also be able to read fluently and accurately in order to comprehend text.
Second-grade sight words must be learned on lists such as ALWAYS, AROUND FAST, FIRST GOES, and FAST. Fry Instant Words are the most commonly used words in English for second grade.
Why it works
Implementing personalized and differentiated instruction is easy for us.
This game-based, classroom-tested learning program offers the repetition, multiple exposures, and multiple modes of practice needed to convert words from second-grade spelling activities into long-term memories. Vocabulary SpellQuiz.com has second-grade spelling lists. These include 2nd grade spelling words lists and many more. Our games make learning fun and valuable.
You can import a premade second-grade word list or make your own. Then, assign engaging, interactive learning activities and games.
These are some of the things teachers love about teaching:
- Personalized practice & multiple word exposures
- Instant feedback and self-testing
- Access to word lists at every grade and subject
- Word lists aligned with second-grade curriculum and standards
- Based on student progress, review lists are created
- Vocabulary practice inside and outside the classroom
2nd Grade Spelling Words
Students should be able to read and comprehend second-grade informational text using domain-specific vocabulary and understand the context in order to determine the meaning of homonyms (multiple meaning words).
Second-grade vocabulary instruction is a direct method of expanding word knowledge and text comprehension. It also includes independent word-play to stimulate and enhance learning.
Our program, which is research-based, is designed to help students understand words better through games. You can import pre-made vocabulary word lists for second grade or make your own.
2nd Grade Spelling Words List
This site is the one-stop-shop to find second-grade spelling w that you can use in your classroom.
You can pair your second-grade spelling words and over 40 learning activities. Or, you can choose from the second grade vocabulary printable worksheets. You can reinforce foundational skills like word recognition and phonics, as well as word meaning and comprehension.