Does Netgear Genie continue to appear even after a successful setup process? Well, this issue can occur if you haven’t installed your WiFi range extender correctly or when your device disconnects from the main router’s network. No matter what the reason behind the issue is, the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this post will surely help you fix it.
Note: In case you get stuck while trying to fix the issue, it is recommended that you turn towards our highly experienced technical experts for help.
Troubleshooting: Netgear Genie Keeps Appearing
Mentioned below are the topmost steps that’ll help you in resolving the issue at hand:
- Power Cycle Your Nighthawk Extender
Usually, rebooting or power cycling the WiFi device helps in getting rid of technical issues. Who knows a simple restart might work in your favor too? Thus, waste no more time and power cycle your Netgear Nighthawk extender. Walk through the instructions mentioned below to do so:
- Disconnect all the extra devices connected to your extender.
- Unplug the power adapter from the wall socket and power off your device.
- Give your device a couple of seconds to relax.
- Then, connect the extender to the power adapter and plug the adapter into the socket.
- Press the Power button on and let the LED light become green.
- Reconnect the Netgear Extender and Router
Sometimes, a poor connection between your extender and router can also be the reason why the Netgear Genie keeps appearing over and over again. Thus, make sure that the connection between your Netgear Nighthawk extender and router is strong. Rather than connecting your devices wirelessly, it is recommended that you connect them with an Ethernet cable.
- Re-Run the Netgear Extender Setup Wizard
Technical glitches are one of the most common reasons behind the sort of issue that you are facing. To get rid of these random glitches, re-running the Netgear Nighthawk setup wizard is the best solution. To access the setup wizard, all you need to do is refer to the Netgear manual that came along with your extender and follow the given guidelines.
- Perform Factory Default Reset
After following the aforementioned troubleshooting steps, if the issue persists, then you have nothing left but to reset your Netgear WiFi range extender. Relax! Restoring your device to its factory default settings isn’t as difficult as it sounds. Simply follow the below-given points:
- Connect your Netgear Nighthawk extender to the power adapter.
- Plug the power adapter into the wall outlet and turn on your WiFi device.
- Once the LED light turns green, connect the Netgear extender to the router.
- Connect your WiFi devices by using an Ethernet cable.
- Look for the Reset button on your Netgear Nighthawk device.
- Usually, the Reset button is located at the bottom of the device along with other buttons.
- Once you find the button, press it with the help of a sharp object (toothpick, paper clip, or oil pin).
- Hold the Reset button for appropriately 30 seconds before releasing it.
Once you are done restoring your device to its default mode, check whether the Netgear Nighthawk extender setup wizard continues to pop out of nowhere.
In the Nutshell
Thus, this was all about how to troubleshoot the ‘Netgear Genie keeps appearing’ issue. We hope that this post was worth your time in fixing the issue. On the off chance if the issue persists, don’t hesitate in reaching out to our technical team.