Think of any big residential complex. You immediately start imagining tens of towers, hundreds of apartments and thousands of inhabitants. Now think of ways and means of managing such a huge complex, with all its residents and their individual needs and interests.
In the last few decades, the ways and means by which human settlements have grown have necessitated the applications of technologies to ease ways of living. With land becoming a scarce commodity, human beings have resorted to vertical living structures.
An hoa management software is intended to help speed up and operationalize the work and processes that are required for effective day-to-day living of residents in residential properties and settlements. If you have been waiting for an effective guide, then this will help.
Homeowners Management Software: Meaning and Definition
An HOA management software is a simple tech tool that helps automate and streamline the normal processes that have to be taken care of in housing complexes, residential apartments and condos. At its heart is an attempt to help the community live better.
Let us look at some of the major points around HOA management software:
- It helps in saving the community a ton of money that might be wasted because of manual errors of the members.
- Streamlines repetitive tasks and ensures adequate record-keeping of operations including maintenance charges from residents in the community.
- Better management of workers, security guards, maintenance personnel and other professionals that are required to run complexes and housing societies effectively.
- Improves communication between the various residents in the complex and clears doubts and questions that they might have regarding the functioning.
- Address emergency concerns and problems that might arise and ensure that the proper people are on the job for the same.
In short, HOA management software can prove to be a boon for housing complexes and societies that are in want of proper governance and administration.
5 Major Reasons Why You Should Invest in an HOA Management Software
While using tech software is not necessary (associations have been functioning without them for years), it helps in several key areas. Let us explore five major reasons why your society, apartment complex or condos should look to invest in HOA management software:
- Reason 1: Helps in better financial record keeping and management-
The first and probably the most important reason for using the software is to ensure that there are no financial irregularities in maintenance collections, fund disbursals, or in any other areas. This is one of the major reasons for disruptions, as residents might feel that someone’s actions have caused financial damage to others. The software helps in proper tabulation and records.
- Reason 2: Clearing outstanding violations of members and levying penalties-
Living in a joint community means adhering to common rules of living together. It can happen that someone has violated the rules of the association leading to causing harm to others. Using software can help in documenting what had taken place and the deliberations and resolutions that had been put forth. This can help in managing outstanding resident violations.
- Reason 3: Improving communication between community members-
To be honest, no one checks out the notice board anymore. People hardly check their emails. Using software helps in the accurate and proper dissemination of information. Many leading HOA management software now comes in the form of apps that can be installed on the smartphones of the community residents. This can help them stay in sync with the latest developments.
- Reason 4: Streamlining the process of work orders and regular maintenance-
Big complexes have some work or the other going on at any given point. This can be anything from the lights not working to a leaking pipe that is leading to water drainage. Using software can show exactly what work is going on, who is responsible, when it will be completed and what are the costs that are being charged for the same. This helps with better administration.
- Reason 5: Transparent functioning and governance of the community-
Imagine if someone wants to book the clubhouse for their family function. With HOA management software, they can be notified when the same will be free for booking, and who had booked it earlier. No one that lives in a community, likes being at the receiving end of favouritism. This is why software can help keep things transparent and clear.
The Final Word
Almost all major community complexes and housing societies are opting for HOA management software. They have realized that making sure that thousands of individuals live harmoniously is not as easy as it sounds. Using technological tools and aids to help in creating a proper model of living and administration can prove to be very fruitful for everyone involved.