Citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda.
Have you ever considered residing in the Caribbean and being Oprah Winfrey’s neighbor? Do you yearn for idyllic stretches of white sand beach, warm sunshine, and a soft breeze from the ocean? Do you want to live in paradise? Then, you must be wondering how to get citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda – a perfect place for a dream life.
Let’s consider the benefits of Antigua and Barbuda citizenship. The latest data from Immigrant Invest specialist Zlata Erlach confirms that Antigua and Barbuda, with a combined area of 442 square kilometers and a population of over 80,000, is the ninth-largest nation in the Caribbean. Because of the country’s economic citizenship policy, visa-free entry to 130+ countries, including the Schengen Area, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, and more, is guaranteed: https://immigrantinvest.com/antigua-and-barbuda-citizenship-by-investment-en/. Another mind-blowing advantage that may be useful for company development and tax reduction is the dual citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda provides you with. What’s more, there is no necessity to go to Antigua and Barbuda as part of the application procedure, as well as there is no need to go through a screening process or have any managerial experience. The processing of applications takes around three to four months.
Now that you are aware of the basic set of privileges that come with residing in paradise, let’s go through the requirements for Antigua and Barbuda citizenship that must be met to be granted citizenship.
The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program was created around 10 years ago in 2012. To have great chances to acquire such citizenship, candidates must complete one of the investment alternatives that we will discuss further, as well as meet the following criteria:
- Be a person of exceptional character.
- Have no criminal history.
- Have great health.
- Have a substantial personal net worth.
- Reside in the territory of the country for a minimum of five years with the family members included in the application throughout a five-year period.
The citizenship of Islands of Antigua and Barbuda via investment may be obtained through one of the following options:
- National Development Fund Contribution or Charitable Donation (minimum contribution US $100,000 covers four individuals)
- Real Estate Investment. Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment gives applicants the opportunity to acquire property in a pre-approved real estate development region with a minimum value of 400,000 US dollars. The commitment to the investment must be kept for at least five years.
- Establishing a business. Applicants have the option of investing 1.5 million US dollars to launch a company. An investment in a firm may be made jointly by two or more applicants, each of whom must meet the individual barrier of at least US $400,000, and the total investment must be at least US $5 million.
- Funding and supporting the University of West Indies. This option is perfect for big families and has some extra perks. A family eligible for Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment may consist of six people and only need to donate US $150,000. The coolest thing is that the University of the West Indies guarantees a full one-year scholarship for one member of the family. Hence, besides citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda, your child may also get a year of free education.
As you can see, the Antigua and Barbuda citizenship cost is quite affordable, and the best thing is that the funds you contribute also cover your family members’ citizenship. So, simple math proves to us that the average cost per member of a large family consisting of four people is 25 thousand dollars