It has been over a decade now since cryptocurrencies had invaded the digital market for the first time. It was in 2009 when Satoshi Nakamoto had come up with the white paper of the key and head cryptocurrency, Bitcoin. The world renowned story says that Nakamoto had visited a Papa John’s pizza restaurant where he had run short of money and hence, he offered the pizza guy with a huge number of Bitcoins, which he probably refused. While paying the sum with the bitcoins, he said that now it might not have any value as it has not been introduced to the market properly but with time, it is sure to gain a certain repute and value in the market. Those who are willing to take on the risks may be rewarded with profits if the market goes up so for investing in cryptos check Bitcoin Era.
Standing in the 21st century now, it can be said that his words have come true finally. The biggest achievement that cryptocurrencies have got in today’s world is acceptance. Many private businesses and government sectors have already taken steps to make the cryptocurrency transactions legal throughout the place. El Salvador’s name comes first in the list when one talks about countries with crypto regulations.
Examples of Cryptocurrency:
There are a lot of cryptocurrencies; some of the well-known ones are as follows:
Founded in the year 2009, Bitcoin is the most commonly traded crypto. It was developed by an individual named Satoshi Nakamoto.
It was created in 2013 and was also based on similar technology to that of other cryptocurrencies.
Some other examples of cryptocurrencies are Ripple, Dash, Zcash, Bitcoin Cash, etc.
How to Buy Cryptocurrency
There are three steps involved in buying Cryptocurrency, which is as follows:
The first step is to decide the platform from which to buy Crypto. Generally, there are 2 platforms to choose from Traditional brokers & Cryptocurrency exchanges.
While deciding the platforms, one needs to consider the following points:
- Cryptocurrencies being offered
- Fees charged
- Security features
- Storage and withdrawal options etc.
2: Funding Your Account
When one is done choosing the platform, the next thing to do is to fund the account and not keep it empty so that one can start trading.
3: Placing an Order
One can place an order via a broker, web exchange, or mobile platform. Several other ways are available to invest in a cryptocurrency. You can use payment services like PayPal, Cash App, and Venmo, to buy or sell cryptocurrency. The best crypto investment option for you will depend on the investment objectives you have in your mind
Immediate Effects of the Legislation
• When one has to discharge their debts through any transactions with no limitation, Bitcoin can be used.
• One can make use of Bitcoin for payment of goods and services.
• Any tax payment may be paid in bitcoin; People can also use Bitcoin to pay taxes.
• It may be possible to pay the obligations that were previously traded in US dollars as bitcoin;
•financial reporting standards will continue to use the US dollar as the reference currency, and the government entities will allow a system that will enable users for an automatic and instant conversion of bitcoin into US dollars.
There are specific regulations regarding the Bitcoin law that apply to the people who provide services related to Bitcoin and use them as payment processors, exchanges, etc. Proper filing of the application form, Incorporation deeds, shareholders’ Ids, and registration shall be done under the Central Reserve bank. Note that filing should take place within 20 days to make it effective.
Following are some of the regulations that are established as a code of conduct for Bitcoin Service Providers:
- One should have a Cybersecurity program.
- Proper records shall be maintained. Records for the following should be there:
- Customers’ accounts
- Any kind of complaints
- To be ready with the procedure to avoid losses, thefts, etc., of the assets of the clients.
- Plans for disaster recovery and physical security should also be there
- The firm should also have a cybersecurity program
- There should be a limit for transactions so that any kind of risk is avoided
- A Plan to prevent liquidation if insolvency takes place
- To have an anti-money laundering program agreeing to local as well as international activities
Though it involves quite a risk and speculations, Cryptocurrency is still considered a very popular option for investment purposes. People before should make an investment only after proper research, either by themselves or by contacting a qualified professional with updated knowledge about the investment options. Not only that, but one should also be ready with a backup strategy before investing so that one does not have to lose hard-earned money. Thus, if invested carefully, crypto-currency is an amazing option for investment.