The Lenovo DU9019D1 ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock provides an easy and quick connection to all the workspace peripherals you utilize every day. Just plug in a sole USB 3.0 cable into your Lenovo personal computer for quick access to up to 2 external monitors, mouse, keyboard, USB scanners and printers, speakers/headphones, Gigabit Ethernet, and up to five Gbit/s access to external storage (more than 10 times faster compared to USB 2.0).
While describing the core functions of the ThinkPad USB 3.0 Docking station, Lenovo’s Design & Think Director said: “Its main function is to allow the consumer to attach their notebook by using a single cable so that they have access to all of their peripheral devices.”
With the help of Displaylink DL-3900 chipset (found in Fujitsu Replicator USB 3.0 PR08) and drivers, the Lenovo DU9019D1 docking station converts a USB 3.0 port to a hub of both multiple USB 3.0 ports and display outputs. ThinkPad variants that clearly lack dedicated docking slots will be able to take advantage the most from the connectivity choices provided by the dock. Though the unit should be suited with any notebook having Windows software. Following are some more details about Lenovo DU9019D1.
Lenovo DU9019D1 ThinkPad Docking Station is compatible with several models of Lenovo, such as
- B Series: B50-30, B50-35, B50-45, B40-45 and B590
- Edge Series: E40-70, E40-30, E565, E555, E550, E540, E531, E530, E520, E460, E450, E440, E431, E430, E420s, E335, E325, E220s, E135, E125, E15, E13, E11
- Flex Series: Flex 2 pro, 2, 15d, 15, 14d, 14, 10
- L Series: L560, L540, L530, L460, L450, L440, L430, L330
- T Series: T431s, TT430u, T430s, T430, T420s
- W Series: W701, W541, W540, W530, W520, W510, W500
- Yoga Series: 11s, 11e, s5, s3, s1
- X series: X240, X140e, X1 Carbon 2nd, X250, X230
Also, it is compatible with Miix 2 11, M30-70, ThinkPad 8 Tablet, 11e, Helix 1.
- 1x upstream USB 3.0 input for linking to a notebook. It is compatible with USB 1.1/2.0; however, performance will be restricted. Also, a USB 3.0 cable is provided.
- Official support for Windows Vista/XP 8/7. Provision for other platforms is not clearly stated.
- One Kensington Lock
- One 3.5 mm microphone/headset combo jack. The innovative jack 3.5 mm on the notebook is not restricted when using the dock.
- One Gigabit Ethernet (1000/100/10 Mbps) with complete support for ThinkVantage Access Networks.
- Five USB 3.0 (2x front, 3x rear). Sleep-and-charge is allowed for 1 port on the rear.
- Two DVI outputs (one DVI-D, one DVI-I), each up to 1920×1200 or 2048×1152 pixel resolution at 60 Hertz. A DVI-Video Graphics Array adapter is also provided.
- Approximate weight: 0.66 lbs. (299 g)
- Approximate depth: 3.59 inches (91 mm)
- Approximate width: front side 1.5 inches (38 mm), rear side 1.89 inches (48 mm)
- Approximate height: front side 5.32 inches (135 mm), rear side 4.96 inches (126 mm)
- Relative humidity: 8 percent to 80 percent (non-condensing)
- Temperature: 23 degrees F (- 5 degrees C) to 104 degrees F (+ 40 degrees C)
The key features of the Lenovo DU9019D1 ThinkPad Docking Station include
- Rigid plastic material
- DVI, Audio Out, Ethernet (RJ-45), USB 2.0, USB 3.0 ports
- AC powered
- Lenovo ThinkPad compatible product line
- Passive cooling technology
If you are looking to buy a Lenovo DU9019D1, you should know about its output performance. On first use, the docking station is set up likewise to most PC peripherals –attach the docking station to the needed external power source, an accessible USB 3.0 slot, and then install the drivers from the DVD, which is also included. Consumers can download the software straight from Lenovo. Compared to earlier X1 models, in particular, the Carbon has dropped a few output ports (USB/eSATA, HDMI, RJ-45), so the docking station is ideal for ultrabooks that have abandoned key connectivity features for dimensions.
Streaming video through DVI through USB will need encoding and, thus, processing time from the Central Processing Unit. We make a comparison of CPU load between screen playback of SD content on the internal and external display. Here, the dual-core i7-3667U high-end 2.0 GHz experiences an average CPU load of just 7 % via its internal display compared to a 14 % average via the external. Correspondingly, playback 1080p will enhance CPU load to around 29 % and 24 % on the external and internal display.
What’s Included in the Box?
When you buy a Lenovo DU9019D1 Thinkpad, you will get some basic accessories with it which are
- A user manual and CD-ROM containing drivers
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Power adapter
- DVI-to-VGA monitor adapter
- ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock
Why Should You Buy a Lenovo Docking Station?
Those who regularly use laptops wish for all the flexibility they can find. A Lenovo Docking can be very helpful for you. Following are the reasons why you should have one.
- Transition Between Home & Office: You can use a Lenovo docking station to increase your gain and transition productivity if you work at both your home and office. Buy one, and then you can attach all of your devices with it, such as a monitor, keyboard, printer, or mouse.
- Increase Device Access: Previously, several devices could not be used with laptops, including flat-panel monitors and digital cameras. Though, the Lenovo docking station makes sure that you can use them.
- Ideal for Gamers: Those who love to play games can attach their gaming accessories to the docking station without unplugging and plugging them after every gaming session.
Lenovo DU9019D1 ThinkPad Docking station has proved to be a very reliable and useful component in the last few years. If you are also thinking of buying one, you can contact us. The USB 3.0 Dock is currently available for $179. We hope you enjoy this review and wait until we come to another one.
For best quality computer components and parts visit Hard Disk Direct.