Srinagar is undoubtedly one of the most charming, beautiful, and famous places to visit in Indian held Kashmir. The natural surroundings of tall trees, green Mountains, lovely lakes, boating, the green Mughal gardens make this place more attractive. It is the largest Kashmir city and universally known with the name” Heaven on earth” because of its natural beauty. The best time to visit Srinagar is generally June to October, and for snow, you must see December and January. Srinagar is the stopover for every traveler, and there is a long list of places to visit in Srinagar, Kashmir.
The Best Places to visit in Srinagar Srinagar is the first stopover for every traveler and a long list of visiting places in Srinagar, Kashmir. Some of them are as under:
- Kargil is the small town of the Ladakh region. The Travellers must visit this part of Ladakh to capture the undaunted beauty of the place. The best time to visit Kargil is March to June.
- Dal lake This is the most famous Lake in Kashmir. Dal Lake is about 15.5 kilometers along with Mughal era gardens, houseboats, parks, and hotels. Scene views of the Lake can be enjoyed from the shoreline Mughal garden, such as Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh, and the houseboats cruising along the Lake in the colorful shikaras. The houseboats are closely associated with Lake, which provides accommodation to tourists in Srinagar.
- Nishat Bagh This Bagh is located near the Dhal Lack and happens to be an enchanting twelve terraced garden, packed with scented flowers, beautiful fountains, and green trees. The park is known to be the giant Mughal garden constructed by Asif Khan, elder brother of Noor Jahan, in 1633.
- Aru Valley This Valley is the most enchanting tourist place in Srinagar, offering incredible and charming beauty of the world. It also offers exciting adventure activities for visitors.
- Jamia Masjid Jamia Masjid Srinagar is lying in the middle of the city and is one of the oldest places to visit. The mosque was constructed in the year 1394 by Sultan Sikandar Shah Kashmiri. Later its shrine was extended.
- Pari Mahal Pari Mahal is the Off beat place and is also known as the house of fairies. It is a stunning historical monument situated near Chashme Shahi Garden. This place is one of the most historic, built in the classic Islamic style of architecture, and it attracts several nature lovers owing to its beautiful garden and lovely views.
Important Hotels to Stay
- City of Kashmir 5 Stars Hotel This hotel is 5 –star hotel functional in Srinagar. The hotel is situated in the famous Nehru park and Roza Bal Shrine. It is about 2.5 kilometers away from Lal Chowk Ghantaghar and about 4 kilometers from Pari Mahal.
- The Lalit Grand Palace Hotel, The best hotel in Srinagar near Dal Lake, has One hundred thirteen palace rooms, including suites and luxury cottages. It is ideally situated between picturesque Dhal lake and the snowcapped Himalayas.
- Jamal resort Hotel A luxurious hotel near It to famous Dal Lake, and most places of interest in Srinagar like Nageen lake and chashme Shahi. It provides Swiss-style decorated rooms with 4- star amenities at its best.
- The Swiss hotel Kashmir The most visiting hotel near Dal Lake, just a stone throw away from all the city’s noise, surrounded by misty valleys and lofty mountains. The staff of the hotel well manage and attentive.
Things need to pack while travel this area
The following items must be carried with while traveling for Srinagar:-
- A regular leather jacket.
- Regular cotton cloths.
- Shoes with good grip.
- Sunblock lotion.
- Woolen socks.
- Snow boots
- Woolen Cap.
- Waterproof gloves’