Photoshop is an extremely powerful software for photo editing, enhancing, and manipulation software. It is also highly recommended and used for digital painting, animation, and creating other graphic designs. You can create raster images in the form of layers, mask images and use alpha compositing technology. You can also edit images in batches. In short, it gives you enormous features to be as creative as you could get. Photoshop is offered by Adobe, an American multinational software company. Adobe Photoshop is the most professional software for images and is accepted as the industry standard.
What Are The Advantage And Disadvantages Of Photoshop?
Even though Photoshop is a feature-rich digital art software that offers easy ways to edit images. It still has some disadvantages that you should consider before choosing this software. Let’s discuss the pros and cons of Photoshop to make you more confident before purchasing it.
What Are The Advantages Of Photoshop?
There are many advantages that you may find with this one of the best drawing software. Hence, we are sharing with you some of the major pros of this editing program.
- You can restore old photos which have been damaged. Photoshop offers special tools and filters for this purpose. Examples of useful tools are Vanishing point and Clone stamp.
- Resizing images to a desired pixel height and width can be very easily done in Photoshop.
- Photoshop has special functionality for animation. You can create frames in layer form which can be then combined to form animations.
- Photoshop is also popularly used for designing graphics and layouts for websites. It offers a wide variety of patterns and features to make an impressive website design with a website layout.
- Basic image editing such as skin tone adjustments, red-eye removal, adding/ removing blur, teeth whitening and background adjustments are just a click away. This saves a lot of time.
- Extraordinary image editing tools make it very easy to apply and save enormous time.
- Multiple formats of images can be edited with ease.
- Creating and editing videos, and creating 3 D images is very easy in Photoshop.
- There are lots of best digital painting brushes for Photoshop that can help you to work with ease.
- Shareability with different programs is designed for seamless transfer
- Files can be shared in multiple formats to suit the needs of the receiver.
- Highly customizable shortcuts for a smooth workflow.
- Professional image quality is achieved with Photoshop.
- Continuous addition of new features to cater to the needs of the artists
- Photoshop can be installed on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, iPad OS, etc.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Using Photoshop?
Despite being a worldwide used program and providing various advanced editing tools, there are some cons of Photoshop. Some of the major disadvantages of using Photoshop are below mentioned for your reference.
- Being a high-end software, it may be difficult for some beginners to navigate through the user interface at first. As there are a wide variety of features and functionality, you may want to first identify your purpose in learning Photoshop and then learn features that fulfill your needs.
- Running Photoshop software requires large space in the memory, and has updated system requirements. Photoshopped pictures also require large space for storage. There are performance issues and time lag when the system requirements do not match the graphics needed.
- Continuous untested updates, which sometimes cause errors and bugs, are released which adds an element of uncertainty to the workflow.
- Progress monitoring bars are missing in some features of Photoshop. This affects the productivity of the user.
- Working with vector graphics is sometimes difficult as Photoshop is not compatible with all vector formats.
- It is expensive software and may not fit the budget for many. Moreover, Adobe Creative Cloud is a subscription-based model which means you pay as long as you want to take their service. Nevertheless, there is high value for money as the software is extremely powerful. For those with basic image editing needs, other alternatives will be a better option.
In conclusion, anyone wanting to be a professional in the creative industry needs to learn Adobe Photoshop well. Its competitive advantages are far more valuable than its limitations. You must be sure of your needs because Photoshop offers huge functionality. Hopefully by getting aware of these advantages and disadvantages of using Photoshop will help you make the right decision before purchasing this program.