The QuickBooks software has tons of tools and features that keep it far above its competitors. However, even after offering such beneficial features, users still face various irritating errors that waste time and take effort such as the QuickBooks Update Error 15240.
This error generally appears when you try to update the QuickBooks or you download the latest updates for your payroll.
The error code that state this issue is:
- Error 15240: The payroll update unable to complete
- QB Update Error 15240: QB Update was unable to be complete.
Let’s get to the factors that trigger the QuickBooks Update Error 15240 along with its easy and effective solutions.
Reasons Causing The Error 15240
Below are the reasons for the appearance of Error code 15240 on your system.
- Not having the Administrative Rights.
- Inaccurate Date & TIme in your system.
- Incorrect settings of Internet Explorer.
- Outdated QuickBooks versions.
- Inappropriate QuickBooks Installation.
- Wrong configuration of the Firewall Settings.
- Expired Payroll Subscription.
Effective Solutions to Easily Remove The QuickBooks Error 15240
It is vital to back up your data prior to removing the error while using the troubleshooting.
Check the below points to back up your company data.
- First, launch QuickBooks.
- Next, hit “File”.
- Select “Backup Company”.
- Finally, use “Create Local Backup”.
Now, let’s go by the solutions to easily remove the Quickbooks update error 15240 from your system.
Solution 1: Launching The Software Using Administrative Rights
Launching the QB with Administrative Rights can solve the issue of error code 15240.
Carry out the steps below:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Then, click right on the QB icon.
- Next, hit “Run as Administrator”.
- Finally, tap “Yes”.
Solution 2: Modify The Date & Time of Your System
There are times when the Date & Time of a system is inappropriate that causes various errors and it should be treated ASAP for the proper functionality of several tools. One major cause for the QuickBooks 15240 update error is incorrect date & time. You can modify the Date & time by following the steps:
- Hold “Windows+R”.
- Type “Control” then “OK”.
- Tap “Clock and Region”.
- Afterward, hit “Date and Time”.
- If it’s incorrect then tap “Change Time” and modify it.
- Finally, click “OK”.
Solution 3: Configuring The Internet Explorer Settings
If there is misconfiguration of your internet explorer settings then it may cause the QB update error code 15240. Check the effective steps for configuring the internet explorer settings below:
- Launch “Internet Explorer”.
- Click on “Tools”
- Choose the “Internet”.
- Then, select “Advanced”.
- Mark “SSL2.0 and SSL3.0
- Finally, hit “OK”.
Solution 4: Updating QuickBooks Desktop
One of the major causes for QB error code 15240 is the outdated version of QuickBooks. So you must update the QB desktop by carrying out the below instructions.
- First, close the QB Desktop windows.
- Next, hold the “Ctrl” key and rapidly click twice on the QB icon and wait till you face “No Company”.
- Then, click “Help”.
- Now, tap “Update QuickBooks”.
- Thereafter, hit “Update Now”.
- Next, select “Get Updates”.
- Finally, after finishing the update, hit “Close”.
Solution 5: Reinstallation of QuickBooks Using Clean Install Tool
The inappropriate installation also causes the error code 15240 to appear. You need to reinstall QB to troubleshoot it.
Note: The “Clean Install Tool” is not compatible with QB 2020. For that, you can do a simple reinstall.
Carry out the following steps to reinstall the QB via the tool “Clean Install”
- Hold the keys “Windows” + “R”.
- Write “Appwiz.CPL”.
- Press “Enter” or “Ok”.
- Tap “Programs and Features”.
- Select “QuickBooks”.
- Finally, click “Uninstall”.
- Click “Yes” to confirm.
- Choose “Remove”.
- Click “Next”.
- Thereafter, wait till the uninstallation gets complete.
- Click “Finish.
After successfully removing the app, you need to reinstall it via the “Clean Install Tool”. Check the steps for the Clean Install Tool below:
- First, Visit Intuit’s website.
- Download QB Tool Hub.
- Then, install it.
- Next, launch the QB Tool Hub.
- Select “Installation Issues”.
- Thereafter, choose “Clean Install Tool”.
- Select QB version.
- Finally, hit Continue.
Solution 6: Performing System Restore
Performing a system restore also offers the fixation of error 15240. Select “Restore Point” through below steps:
- First, hit “Start”.
- Then, write “System Restore”.
- After that, press “Enter”.
- Now, select “System Restore”.
- Thereafter you are required to provide the credentials of the system administrator such as the password.
- Next, check and obey the instructions displaying on your system.
- Afterwards, choose your preferred “Restore Point”.
- Now, restart your system.
- Finally, launch QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Perform Firewall Configuration
The wrong configuration of the firewall can disturb the network between QB and your system, resulting in the appearance of Error code 15240. Check the following steps to configure the firewall.
- Launch “Windows Firewall”.
- Select “Advanced Settings”.
- Next, tap “Inbound Rules”.
- Then, hit “New Rule”.
- Now, click “QuickBooks”.
- Tap “Next”.
- Thereafter, click “Program Path”.
Now, you must ensure if the below-mentioned files have the access of going via Firewall.
After ensuring the firewall access to the above files, complete the process via the below steps:
- Click “Allow the Connection”.
- Then hit “Next”.
- Next, fill in your preferred rule name.
- Finally, tap “Finish”.
The above-mentioned facts and easy solutions for the stubborn QuickBooks Update Error 15240 are tested and verified by our expert team. You would also like to know about Quickbooks error 12031. We hope this post will help you troubleshoot and prevent the QB 15240 error to appear again.