Uninstall Windows Live From Windows 10
Many customers want to remove Windows Live Mail since it is no longer a functional email client. As of 2014, Microsoft no longer supported it, rendering it outdated. There are countless modern options with multiple excellent features from which to choose. Let’s look at how to effortlessly and securely uninstall Windows Live Mail.
What Is Windows Live Mail?
Windows Live Mail is a free email program created by Microsoft. It was released in 2007 but became outdated after 2014. Its purpose was to act as an online storage system for users who used different computers and devices and needed access to emails, contacts, and calendars from any device at any time. Being outdated, many people refuse to use it anymore. That’s why you might need a live mail to outlook transfer tool or choose another mail client to use.
How To Uninstall Windows Live Mail In Windows 10
Uninstalling Windows Live Mail is simple. Here are the steps:
- Open the Start Menu and type “Control Panel” into the search bar. Click on it when it appears in the results list.
- In Control Panel, click on “Programs” then select “Uninstall a program” from the list of available options.
- Scroll through the list of installed programs until you find Windows Live Mail. Another option is that it might go with Windows Live Essentials. Select it then click on “Uninstall” located at the top of the window.
- A confirmation dialogue box will appear; click on “Yes” to confirm that you want to uninstall it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process. It will take a few minutes for Windows Live Mail to be completely removed from your computer.
- Once it is finished, go back to Control Panel and double-check if it is gone from the list of installed programs.
That’s all there is to it. Windows Live Mail will no longer be on your computer and you’re free to explore other email clients at your disposal!
How To Transfer Live Mail To Outlook
If you have been using Windows Live Mail but now want to switch to Outlook, there are a few steps you need to follow. Outlook is a new client provided by Microsoft. It has numerous features and is quite popular among mail users.
- Download and install Outlook on your computer if you don’t already have it.
- Open Outlook and click on “File” at the top of the window then select “Open & Export” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Import/Export” and then select “Import from another program or file” from the list of available options.
- Select “Windows Live Mail” as the source and click on “Next” to transfer your data.
- Choose which folders you want to transfer and click on “Finish”. Outlook will then import all of your emails, contacts, and other data from Windows Live Mail into Outlook.
- Once the importing is complete, you can delete Windows Live Mail from your computer as described above in the uninstallation steps.
And that’s it! You can now enjoy the full range of features available in Outlook and benefit from its secure environment.
What Mail Client To Choose?
If you are looking for a modern mail client that offers lots of features and is compatible with Windows 10, then Outlook is worth considering. It has an intuitive user interface and excellent security features to keep your data safe. However, if you prefer something more lightweight, there are many other email clients such as Mailbird or Mozilla Thunderbird available as well. Ultimately, the choice is yours — so make sure to do your research and pick something that best suits your needs.
Google mail is also a great option as it offers plenty of features and is compatible with almost all devices. It’s free to use and allows you to access your emails from anywhere. No matter which email client you choose, make sure that it is secure and offers the features you need. You should also look for one that is easy to use and has good customer support.
We hope this article has helped you to understand how to uninstall Windows Live Mail easily in Windows 10, as well as transfer your data over to Outlook if necessary.