Preparing Rice and Beans Tacos Dorados
Are you a fan of tacos? Do you like trying different flavours and textures when it comes to tacos? If so, you have to try making rice and beans tacos dorados. This delicious and easy-to-make dish is perfect for any occasion and can be served as a meal or as a snack. In this article, we will show you how to make this tasty dish and all the tips you need to make the perfect tacos dorados. Learn how to prepare the best tacos dorados with rice and beans!
The preparation of tacos dorados with rice and beans is really simple and quick. You can get all the ingredients you need at your local grocery store. In this article, we will explain step by step how to prepare this dish and how to make it even more delicious with some simple tips. We will also give you the best and healthiest options for the ingredients.
Tortillas are an essential part of Mexican cuisine, and they are often used to make tacos dorados. There are two main types of tortillas: corn and flour.
- Corn tortillas are usually more flavorful and have a slightly firmer texture than flour tortillas. They also tend to be smaller in size.
- Flour tortillas, on the other hand, are made from wheat flour and are often larger in size. They are softer and less flavorful than corn tortillas.
There are many types of rice to choose from, each with its own unique flavour and texture. The most common varieties are:
- White rice: it is the most commonly used variety of rice for tacos dorados. It has a mild flavour and a light, fluffy texture.
- Brown rice: it is a whole grain rice that is higher in fibre. Brown rice takes longer to cook than white rice, but the health benefits make it a great choice for tacos dorados.
- Jasmine rice: it can be used to add flavour and texture to rice and beans tacos dorados.
- Basmati rice: it is an aromatic long-grain rice that is popular in Indian cuisine. It has a nutty flavour and a light, fluffy texture.
There are many different types of beans that are used for this dish, each offering its own unique flavour and texture.
- Black beans are the most common type of bean used in tacos dorados.
- Pinto beans are another popular choice for tacos dorados. They are slightly milder in flavour than black beans and have a softer texture.
- Refried beans are a type of bean that has been cooked and mashed.
- Kidney beans are a type of bean that has a slightly earthy flavour and a firm texture. They are high in fibre and a good source of protein.
Step 1: Preparing the Rice
- Rinse the rice in a sieve or strainer until the water runs clear. Put the rinsed rice in a medium-sized pot and add two cups of cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Simmer for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the rice sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover the pot and fluff the rice with a fork.
Step 2: Preparing the Beans
- Begin by rinsing the beans in cold water until the water runs clear. Soak the beans in a large bowl of cold water overnight. This will help soften them and make them easier to cook.
- The next day, drain the beans and place them in a pot with enough water to cover them.
- Bring the beans to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer the beans for 1-2 hours, or until they are tender. Add a pinch of salt to help enhance the flavour of the beans.
Step 3: Shaping the Tacos
- Start by taking a small amount of filling, such as beans and rice, and place it in the centre of the tortilla.
- Next, fold the top of the tortilla down towards the centre and then the bottom of the tortilla up towards the centre. This will create a taco shape with the filling securely inside. Smashing the tacos is the final step in creating the classic golden taco.
- Place the taco in a preheated skillet over medium heat. Using a spatula, press down lightly on the taco to flatten it. After a few seconds, flip the taco and press down lightly on the other side to flatten it.
Visit this link to read more about this simple recipe