What is Coronavirus (Covid-19)?
It is caused by a member of the coronavirus family that has never been encountered before. It has transferred from human to humans, from human to animals, from animal to animal and from animal to human. The World Health Organization declared the coronavirus as an epidemic. This post is written in the care of my Dr Friend for the awareness of the people in the world.
You have heard in the daily news that the initial symptoms of coronavirus may appear between 2-14 days after exposure. The initial symptoms are:
- Shortness of breath including tiredness
Fever including tiredness and dry cough is the most common symptom of coronavirus. Depending on the immune system of the persons, some patients may experience a runny nose, sore throat, nasal congestion, headache, chest pain and diarrhoea. The above mentions are not all-inclusive please consult to a Doctor for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
- The first carrier of the virus is the person. The virus is spread mainly from person-to-person when they are in close contact with one another. The virus is also spread when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- When someone got an infection and the symptom are not shown, the spread of the virus might be possible from this person.
- Respiratory droplets formed when an infected person coughs or sneezes. The droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. The distance between the persons should be more than 6 feet.
- The virus can transfer from the touching of surface, touching of objects previously touch by infected persons, common washroom tap, towels that have the virus on it and then touching the infected hands to their mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
How to Protect Yourself
- Wash your hands for more than 20 seconds with soap and water especially after you have been in a public place, handshaking someone or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- If you are in public places or you have touched something or you handshaking someone avoids touching your eyes, nose, and mouth before washing your hands.
- Avoid close contact with infected or suspected peoples; also avoid contact with unknown persons.
- Try to maintain a distance of more than 6 feet with other peoples.
- Peoples over 50 years, diabetics patients, patient with heart problems, patients of asthma avoid public gathering, markets etc.
How to Protect Others
- If you are sick or you have symptoms than stay home to protect others and get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a face mask.
- Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw the used tissues in the trash.
- If you have no tissues and face mask try to away from people and use the inside of your elbow when cough or sneeze.
- After cough or sneeze, wash your hands immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before touching a surface or things. If soap and water are not available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer.
- If you are sick and around the other peoples use a facemask especially when sharing rooms, travelling in the vehicle and the public places. If you are NOT sick you do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces including tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, taps, and sinks.
- Clean dirty surfaces with detergent or soap.
Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 if you are sick
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Stay in touch with your doctor
- Avoid Public transportation
- Stay away from others as well as stay away from your family members.
- Limits you contact and with pets and animals.
- Wear a facemask if you are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Dispose of used tissues in a lined trash can.
- Wash hands frequently with soap.
- If water and soap, not available use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid sharing personal household items like dishes, glasses, cups, towels and bedding.
- Clean all high touch surfaces daily
- Clean and disinfect areas that may have blood, stool, or body fluids.
Aims of Social media marketing services in Pakistan » Networkustad
January 22, 2021 @ 11:18 pm
[…] person uses this to get in touch with their beloved ones. When everyone is stuck in houses due to COVID-19 social media is the best way to get in touch with the world. But some people also using it as a […]
Must-Know Facts About Online ID Verification Process
May 31, 2021 @ 5:50 pm
[…] the post-corona future, traditional methods of consumer identity theft protection will no longer suffice. Digital […]
Custom Printed Soap Boxes Makes your Handmade Soaps Fresh and Secure: » NetworkUstad
June 10, 2021 @ 3:45 pm
[…] instance, the global pandemic highlights the need for personal hygiene and makes people conscious of it. At the time of the […]