In India, the most coveted job category among the youth is that of the government. For a long time, Indians have been enthralled by the prospect of working for the government. In India, the popularity and opportunities that come with a government position are unrivalled. Every year, thousands of students sit for various Sarkari competitive exams and await Sarkari result to become government employees and have a government job in India.
Here are some of the advantages you get from government jobs.
- Job Security: If you ask a government job candidate why they chose a certain government position, 90% of them will say job stability. In India, the most important benefit of working for the government is job stability. It is the most desired feature in a job offer for candidates. In India, the government’s security is solely based on the profits earned by the employer.
- Good Salary: One of the most compelling reasons why people pick government positions is the high pay that comes with them. Government employees earn a wage that is comparable to or higher than that of private-sector employees. Furthermore, unlike private sector positions, where payments can be delayed, government employees receive their compensation on time regardless of the scenario. This is one of the main reasons why people enjoy working for the government.
- Housing Facility: In a time when many people are unable to afford a mortgage. People from the middle class cannot imagine being able to afford a mortgage because prices are so high. They can’t even afford to rent a house.
However, if you work for the government, you will not have to worry about a mortgage or rent. If you work for the government, you will be supplied with accommodation. You won’t have to worry about paying rent if you live in government quarters. They’re also as good as an apartment in a premium neighbourhood. You can save the same amount of money that a private company employee would pay in monthly rent. That sum of money might be quite substantial.
- Promotions: Promotional benefits are a significant component that any job candidate would consider. Promotion in government positions is always based on length of service, thus the longer you work, the better your chances of advancement. This is both a benefit and a disadvantage because someone who is above average may not be able to progress as quickly as their average colleagues.
- Free Health Care: We all know that health care is growing increasingly out of reach for regular people; even persons in the upper-middle class are finding it difficult to finance health care for their families. If you work for the government, however, the government will cover all of your medical costs, not just for you, but for your entire family.
Even difficult surgeries, which could cost you thousands of dollars, for a government employee would be done free of cost. The procedure would be paid for entirely by the government. If you work for a private company, though, you will have to pay out of pocket. This is why individuals enjoy working for the government.
These advantages are critical to the smooth and efficient operation of your life. It also leads to a fulfilling professional career and a comfortable retirement. You can also prepare for the exams of JMCH. After learning about the benefits of a government job, it’s safe to state that government positions far outnumber private sector ones in terms of benefits.