The mobile application testing strategy pivots around the use of various modern tools. There are several methods and affordable mobile testing tools that you can avail of for implementing your mobile app testing practices. Learn more about how testing tools can assist you in handling and implementing mobile app testing strategies.
What Is Mobile Application Testing?
Mobile application testing is that process of testing where applications are designed and developed for mobile devices (smartphones, tablet PCs, or phones) for their functionality, consistency, and usefulness.
Mobile Testing falls into the following categories:
- Functional Testing: Basic sort of testing accustomed to checking the application’s functionalities as per requirement specification.
- Performance testing: This tests network performance, server performance, and client application performance.
- Memory testing: Mobile devices have limited memory as compared to computers. This kind of testing is performed to check the optimized memory usage by an application.
- Interruption Testing: It checks for interruptions because of incoming calls or SMS, low memory warning, low battery warning, etc., while running the application.
- Installation Testing: Installation Testing examines the smooth and straightforward installation process, including updating and uninstalling.
- Usability Testing: As always, it is used to check the efficiency, effectiveness, and satisfaction of the application.
Best Mobile Testing Tools
Mobile application testing is often manual or automated. Several mobile testing tools are used for it, not all, but a number of them are listed below in line with popularity and usage.
- Manual and automatic Mobile App Testing on real devices for 100% accuracy
- It allows users to test remotely and consequently debug diverse mobile, audio, and video applications on many devices. Apps should be tested on various network conditions for an authentic user experience.
- Get ML/AI-based apprehensions for resolving issues faster and easier.
- Test on real devices for 100% accuracy.
- Improved performance and Secure Testing using a single-tenant (dedicated device) model.
- Run automated testing on the HeadSpin platform. This tool empowers businesses to run edge testing where the company is at a specific location and wishes to check their apps in that location.
- An intelligent approach is required to deliver aggregation and regression insights at the speed and scale needed for fulfillment in today’s digital economy.
- HeadSpin’s Regression Intelligence gives you a robust comparison tool for analyzing degradation across new app builds, OS releases, feature additions, locations, etc.
- With TestComplete, you’ll be able to create and run repeatable and robust UI tests across native or hybrid mobile apps. TestComplete comes with provision for both Android app testing and iOS testing tools.
- Automate the various UI tests on real Android or IOS devices or virtual machines.
- Avo Assure is a no-code, heterogeneous test automation solution that allows you to check applications across the web and mobile for both Android and iOS platforms.
- 100% no-code capability endows you to check applications without writing any code.
- The heterogeneous feature of the tool helps you test applications across the net, windows, provides both Android apps testing and iOS testing tools., non-UI (web services, batch jobs), ERPs, Mainframe systems, and associated devices through one solution – enabling end-to-end test automation.
- Immaculate Testing using the easy-to-use and intuitive UI.
- The Smart Scheduling and Execution option lets you execute multiple scenarios in a single VM independently or parallel.
- Katalon Studio, the leading Appium alternative as a mobile testing tool, is trusted by 850,000 users, which brings increased proficiency for API, web, and desktop testing.
- Supporting IOS and Android platforms, a number of its key features are:
- No complicated programming background is necessary.
- Provides cross-environment testing on real or cloud-based devices.
- Reduce maintenance efforts with a robust object spying utility.
- Advanced graphs to envision essential metrics and real-time notifications after each execution (Slack, Git & Microsoft Teams).
- Bug Hunter is a mobile testing tool that can be operated manually. It is designed fundamentally for UI testing in Android apps.
- Besides manual testers, it may be employed by Android developers or UI/UX designers who can check the app or certain features themselves before the QA stage.
- Bug Hunter performs holistic UI testing. It ensures maximum convenience in access to the tools – no need to leave the present screen to change between the devices or regulate the settings.
Test IO – Solving Mobile Testing Needs
- Test IO is a SaaS platform for software crowd testing: the continual testing of web and mobile applications by skilled human testers using real devices.
- Expanded coverage to many devices, platforms, and real people in real-world conditions, with your software working on iOS, Android, and every OS version.
- Professional testers with a fresh and unbiased eye on your product will find bugs that your internal team missed.
- ‘Human-powered’ is not synonymous with ‘slow.’ The QA bottleneck is eliminated with on-demand, flexible testing that scales up your needs.
Appium (Android and iOS)
- Appium is a popular open-source tool for automation of native, mobile, and web and hybrid apps on iOS and Android platforms.
- It is excellent for apps that are written in Android or iOS SDK.
- Appium can work as an iOS testing tool and support all other embedded browser apps on Android.
- Modifications to any app code for testing are not required because it is suitable to run on Android or iOS using the device or emulator.
- This tool is employed for Automated Functional Testing of Android and iOS mobile apps.
Although Android and iOS are smartphones, their applications can differ significantly in how they are designed and developed. Hence, it is imperative to have different strategies for testing apps for each platform. The best mobile testing tools available globally include HeadSpin, Appium, and Avo Assure.