The shower shelf is one of the most popular add-ons for bathrooms. Installation is easy, and they take up minimal space. Plus, there are a variety of styles and colours to choose from. But what’s the best shower shelf? We’ve researched and reviewed the top options available on the market today. So whether you’re in the market for a new or replacement shelf, read on to find out which one is right.
What is a Shower Shelf?
A shower shelf is a great way to organize your shower and make it more functional. It can hold shampoo, conditioner, soap, razors, and other toiletries. Many types of shelves are available, so find the one that best suits your needs.
Some shelves are adjustable in height, so you can customize the perfect placement for your items. Some shelves have hooks to hang towels or a washcloth bar. And some shelves have built-in storage for razor packs or other small items.
There’s no wrong answer when choosing a shower shelf; just consider what you need it for and what style fits your bathroom.
Why Should You Have a Shower Shelf?
A shower shelf is a great way to organize and store your shower supplies. It can also help you save space in your bathroom. Here are five reasons why you should have a shower shelf:
1. Shower shelves can help you declutter your bathroom.
Shower shelves can help you organize and store your shower supplies. This can free up valuable storage space in your bathroom.
2. Shower shelves can help you stay organized when you shower.
Shower shelves can keep your bathroom orderly and tidy when you shower. You’ll be able to find what you need quickly and easily.
3. Shower shelves can help you conserve water in your bathroom.
If you have a shower shelf, it will likely mean that you’re using less water while taking a shower. This is because the shelf will hold all the essentials for shaving, bathing, and cleaning yourself- all in one spot!
4. Shower shelves can help protect your walls from water damage.
If items on your shelf could drip or fall if they were knocked over, it will protect the walls around the cabinet from water damage caused by wet items falling off the shelf onto the floor below!
What are the Different Types of Shower Shelf Systems?
The different types of shower shelves are bar, overhead, and wall-mounted. Bar-style shelves are the simplest and most common type. They’re placed on the wall above or below the shower head. Overhead shelves attach to the ceiling, perfect for small bathrooms. Wall-mounted shelves can be attached to the side of a shower or tub, and they’re great for larger bathrooms.
Shelving systems also combine multiple types of shelves into one system. For example, a bar-overhead shelf system would include a bar and overhead shelves. A wall-mounted shelf system with a sliding door would have two separate shelves–one for shampoo and one for soap–so that each person can choose their items.
Finally, shelving systems work with existing walls in your bathroom. These systems usually come with brackets you can use to install. They include bar-style and overhead shelving, so you can customize your bathroom to fit your needs.
How to Install a Shower Shelf
If you’re considering installing a shower shelf, here’s everything you need to know.
The Basic Components
A shower shelf consists of four basic components: the bracket, the tray, the wall studs, and the cap.
The bracket is made from metal or plastic and attaches to the shower ceiling or wall using screws or adhesive. The tray is made from plastic and holds objects like shampoo bottles or soap bars. The wall studs are located near the floor and support the weight of the shelf. The cap protects your shower walls from water damage and looks nice.
How to Install a Shower Shelf
- Purchase your shower shelf bracket, tray, wall studs, and cap. Be sure to measure your existing shower enclosure before making purchases so you know what size bracket, tray, wall studs, and cap will fit. Some brackets come in different heights for different countries/cities; select the correct size for your installation. Some trays have slots that accommodate screw heads on both ends; others require adhesive (see photo below).
- Attach the bracket to your shower ceiling or wall using screws or adhesive (see photo below). Make sure that the mounting holes line up with those on your ceiling or wall – if they don’t, use a level to ensure proper alignment. Note: If you’re female and attempting this installation by yourself, please take note – many males
The Pros and Cons of Having a Shower Shelf
Like most people, you probably take your shower for granted. Sure, it’s a necessary part of daily life, but the shower can be pretty mundane. But if you’re looking for something to spice up your shower experience, consider installing a shower shelf.
While having one has pros and cons, the benefits usually outweigh the cons. Here are four reasons why you should consider installing a shower shelf in your bathroom:
- It Reduces Stress on Your Back and Neck: If you spend too long hunched over the sink or bathtub trying to get all of your body soap off, a shower shelf can help relieve some of that pressure on your back and neck. Instead of bending over, you can simply reach up and grab whatever soap you need without having to bend over all the way. This also allows you to easily shampoo your hair without holding onto the stream’s sides.
- It Can Increase Productivity: If you’ve ever tried using a handheld shower head while standing or kneeling on wet tiles, you know how difficult it can be to keep track of the water and the spray. A shelf gives you a place to put down your soap dish or bottle so that everything is at arm’s length – making it much easier to get clean without wasting time trying to balance something heavy on one hand while keeping an eye on the spray pattern.
A shower shelf is a perfect solution if you’re looking for a way to declutter your shower and create more storage options. This type of shelf comes in many different shapes and sizes, so there’s one that can fit your needs. Plus, they’re easy to install and don’t require any special tools or skills. A shower shelf is worth considering if you’re looking for an organizational boost in your bathroom.