Which media player is best for mac?
Macbooks pride themselves on impeccable performance, however, their in-built software doesn’t always live up to the user’s expectations due to numerous inefficiencies, especially regarding the video. One example is the video player QuickTime Player — it’s Mac’s default option, however, the choice of available formats is limited, as well as its fundamental features.
Luckily, developers have something to offer to improve your experience as a viewer. We have narrowed down the list to the best media player mac options on the Mac App Store to save you time for watching videos.
1. The 5K Player
The 5K is a good choice for AirPlay media streaming and video downloading. The main characteristics:
- Multiple videos and audio formats like MKV, AVCHD, MP3, WAV, etc.
- GPU-accelerated playback.
- Subtitle support with SRT, JSON, and SSA formats.
- Video downloading with resolutions up to 8K from over 300 sites, including YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and Instagram.
- Video conversion to a preferable format
- Built-In radio
- Free from ads.
2. Elmedia Player
Elmedia for Mac Os — one of the leaders on the list. It’s a high-quality player that is designed specifically for Macbook systems; it comes in two forms — free and upgraded versions. Some of the most notable characteristics:
– The layout and design are eye-pleasing and user-oriented; everything is pretty intuitive. Despite numerous functions, it’s always clear where to find what you need.
– There are multiple video formats available — FLV, MP4, AVI, MOV, DAT, MKV, MP3, FLAC, M4V, Blu-ray, etc., and what’s more important — no quality issues with any.
– High-definition playback with frame-by-frame shuttling, timeline previews, bookmarks
– Subtitle and audio synchronization — a special bonus for those who learn languages.
– Local files stream to media players such as Chromecast, AirPlay, Roku, and DLNA devices.
Elmedia player has a lot of customizable features, to improve the user’s experience. Besides, the perfection of its work doesn’t load the CPU.
3. VLC Media Player
VLC (VideoLan Client) is another free player from an open source that is tried and tested by years of development:
- It supports every possible video format, including DVDs
- Various selections for playback options — color correction, synchronization, an equalizer, etc.
- Multiple video and audio effects.
- Enables YouTude downloading and supports the conversion of videos into different formats.
- Volume normalization system.
- Build-in radio, and possibility for podcast listening.
VLC is classic, and undoubtedly one of the best choices for MAC users.
4. GOM Media Player
GOM & Company have developed a standing out software, which enables users to:
- Play broken media files and find the missing codecs through their service.
- Record screen and take screenshots.
- Have an ad-free experience while working with the video.
- Work with high-quality video playback.
Yet another option is worth your attention as it can enrich the viewer’s experience, compared to the default player. The main features:
- HD quality of the video.
- Video downloading from YouTube or Amazon.
- Media sharing through the Wi-Fi network.
- Easy to use layout.
- Various formats for video conversion.
- Can be used on various devices — PC, smartphones, and tablets.
The built-in Macbook player can be a good option, however, it’s always worth having a choice. Elmedia, GOM, VLC, Miro, and 5K – video players that offer proper functionality and extended viewer experience.
Considering all the above-mentioned functions, we have given our voice to Elmedia, as it was created specifically for the Mac world, anticipating all requirements and plausible needs of the users, not just solely adjusting the technical requirement for iOS.