WHAT ARE THE BEST COMMERCIAL UMBRELLAS FOR BARS, CAFES AND RESTAURANTS?
Gone are the days when you would buy an outdoor umbrella only for the purpose of sheltering your guests at your commercial enterprise. Now, you can install restaurant umbrellas that can change the look of a commercial enterprise like a café or hotel, or resortinto an inviting and modern outdoorspace for customers.
The appearance of a heavy duty outdoor umbrella is crucial because they are areflection of a business’ choices and aspirations forpotential customers. These branded umbrellas might look similar on the outside but they are manufactured with higher-grade materials that are stronger and harder than domestic or market umbrellas.
There are plenty of outdoor umbrellas that have their own strong points and include the potential to turn a shade solution into a decorative accessory but it becomes tricky to choose which one would suit your enterprise. That’s why we are here to help you.
Read on to learn about the best outdoor umbrellas in Australia that are suitable for bars, cafés, and restaurants…
Types of outdoor commercial umbrellas
There are two types of commercial umbrellas that are most popular. Let’s break down each type of umbrellaso that you can make an informed decision when it comes to buying one.
- Centrepostumbrellas: Centrepostumbrellas are the most common products where the pole in the centre is connected to a baseat the bottom and the canopy at the top. Generally, theseumbrellas are used for seating arrangements where you have an umbrella in the centre of a table. Centrepost umbrellas are a great option when you want to keep furniture in place, thanks to the telescopic system in the main pole.
- Cantilever umbrellas: Cantilever umbrellas are a modern and contemporary version of the traditional umbrella. They are different because their stands are not in the centre but offto the side. They can be mounted on a variety of bases with weights and are great choices for areas with restricted space.
These versatile products can be easily adjusted and offer flexibility in places where it would not always be possible to put up an umbrella on an upright stand.Another major benefit of these heavy duty outdoor umbrellasis that they can be easily extended outward as needed. You can also operate these with a single handle crank to tilt or rotate the umbrella 360 degree.
Features of restaurant umbrellas
In order to select the best outdoor umbrella in Australia that will keep your patrons protected and comfortable, you need to keep in mind the various features of an umbrella like shape, size, base, and material.
- Base: The base is meant for stabilizing the umbrella and keeping it upright. It can be implemented in many ways depending on the umbrella model including concrete blocks, in-ground, iron bases, and much more. At times, you can also put additional weights like water weights, sandbags, or metal plates to secure the base.
- Size and shape: Restaurant umbrellas come in multiple shapes and sizesbut the popular ones are round, square, octagonal, and rectangular. But you must decide depending on the needs of your outdoor space. Keep in mind that that umbrella should complement and enhance your dining spaces and create a welcoming environment for your customers.
- Canopy fabric:The canopy is one of the most important parts of an umbrella and should be made up of a strong fabric that will protect your customers from the sun, rain, and other elements. In short, it must be waterproof and water-resistant. Popular fabrics include acrylic, olefin, polyethylene, Spanish Recasens, and Italian Para Tempotest.
- Frame: Apart from the fabric, the frame is an important element in your umbrella as it helps in keeping the device upright. So it is vital that you chose a strong and sturdy frame that will be resistant to winds. If the location of your restaurant is near a pool or closer to the sea or ocean, the umbrella will be exposed to moist conditions. So it is essential that you purchase umbrellas that have rust-resistant and corrosion-resistant frames. The best choices are aluminium, stainless steel or fibreglass frames.
- Branding:Fabrics come in a lot of colours, styles, and materials. But they can be customized according to your needs. So you can use your business enterprise’s unique logo or design on the canopy to promote your brand. There can be various ways such as custom stitching, binding, etc. that you can use on your branded outdoor umbrella to endorse your business.
Any commercial enterprise like restaurants and cafés require umbrellas that will keep guestscomfortable year after year. So look for umbrellas that are specifically designed and constructed to last long, while complementing your outdoor space with a modern functional style. But you must keep in mind these pointers when you are buying a restaurant umbrella…
Exceptional quality:Heavy duty outdoor umbrellaumbrellas are built to last, and offer industry-best construction and options for dining establishments. Still, it is good practice to check the quality of your umbrella.
Durability: Ifyou don’t compromise on the quality of an umbrella then durability is assured.
Versatility: With mobile bases and replaceable canopies, most umbrellas are versatile in nature.