A podcast is essentially a digital audio conversation between two or more people about a topic. People record podcasts and upload them on social media platforms like YouTube, FaceBook, Spotify, Amazon Prime, etc.
This trend presents an exciting opportunity for people to try their luck in this realm.
What is an Audio Enhancer?
Since a podcast is a listening format. There is one thing that can make or break your podcast; quality of sound.
An Audio enhancer uses AI to eliminate noise, distortions, voice fluctuations, and other recording issues from an input sound. It provides clear and crisp output sound to captivate your audience. A quality audio enhancer can also improve the tone, texture, and frequency of a voice to improve the listening experience. That’s why it should be an essential part of every podcaster’s arsenal.
There are multiple audio enhancer tools available on the web. But based on output sound and ease of usage, we have shortlisted these 5 audio enhancers for podcasters in 2024.
Compatibility: Online web browser, Android operating systems
Audio Enhancer is like heaven for every podcaster. The software uses cutting-edge technology to upgrade the sound of a podcast. It is capable of detecting and removing the smallest frequency distortions like breathing sounds, hums, and equipment noises. Plus, it auto-fulfills all gaps to deliver connected output results.
Audio Enhancer can upload a 3-hour-long media file in one go, which makes it useful for working on lengthy podcasts. It also facilitates bulk upload. The software supports maximum file formats. You can work on m4a, .mp4, .3gp, .m4b, .aac, .m4p, .m4r, .m4v, .aif, .aiff, .aifc, .avi, .mov, .qt, .mp3, .opus, .ogg, and wav formats.
- It offers a 20 GB Cloud Space option. Thus, allowing you to access and improve your data from anywhere in the world.
- It provides the choice to select Enhance Type. With this option, you can choose a specific type of improvement in input voice.
- The noise removal feature provides a micro-level elimination of any unwanted voice.
- Quick and efficient voice improvement
- User-friendly interface
- Ideal for professionals and novices
- The premium version only works for under 5-minute files.
Audio Enhancer costs $10/per month for Basic, $45/per month for Pro, and $90/per month for Studio Version.
Compatibility: Online web browser
Audphonic is the next in line. It is a high-quality audio post-production software. You can freely upload Auphonic-generated audio on YouTube, Spotify, or any leading podcasting platform.
Auphonic supports both audio and video formats. As a professional audio engineer, it cuts all hmm, umm, ah, and other unwanted from a speech. It also puts an EQ filter to remove a particular frequency from a track. To approach a global audience, it allows you to add subtitles and annotations to your podcasts.
- It employs an Intelligent Leveler. It balances the speaker, music, and speech voice to create a warm and impactful listening experience.
- The Noise and Reverb Reduction feature allows users to select the type of noises they want to remove.
- The Multi-track Algorithm is capable of seamlessly mixing two tracks. By using this, you can strike the right balance voices of different podcast participants.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Professional quality sound
- Range of Audio options
- Newbies can struggle at the start
Auphonic one-time credit costs €11/per 5 hours of audio, and the best value mode costs €10/per month for 9-hour audios.
- FX Sound
FX is a free open-source software for Windows users. With FX onboard, you can enjoy diverse features without any premium subscription.
When it comes to audio enhancement, FX Sound is no less than its paid competitors. It can alter the sound, timbre, spatial balance, and dynamism of audio. The output voice is deeper, clearer, and more balanced than the original sound.
- It can blend your podcast sound with 9 different frequencies.
- It offers presets designed for podcasting, gaming, music, and transcription. By using this, you can adjust your sound.
- It can add bass and volume to the input recordings.
- Sufficient quality sound output
- Ideal for novices
- No premium required
- It doesn’t have a mobile or online version.
All features are free of cost.
- Magic Audio Enhancer
Compatibility: Online Web Browser
Developed by Castofly, Magic Audio Enhancers is a credible online audio tool. The software is expert at removing all unwanted voices from an audio. As a podcaster, you can put complete trust in its audio quality. The software provides quick results, you can get single-click audio results for bulk content creation.
When it comes to audio improvement, it uses EQ to adjust different sets of frequencies in one audio. The compression feature reduces the dynamism in audio to form a homogenous sound impression.
- The Reverb and Spatial Effects add depth to your voice.
- You can use the Pitch Correction option to adjust the sound of your vocals or instruments.
- The Volume Leveling adjusts the overall volume of recording as per requirement.
- One-click results
- Ideal for amateurs
- High-quality outputs
- Lack of customization features
Magic Audio Enhancer premium costs $16.99/per month. The Enterprise model cost depends upon user requirements.
- Flixier Audio Enhancer
Compatibility: Online web browser
Whenever we talk about the top audio enhancement tools, Flixier always remains in the conversation. It provides quick and effective results with no hiccups. The software can remove noise, improve speech clarity, and fix the volume levels of your audio in no time.
Flixier can cut out recording errors and create a transcript with ease. It is compatible with all major audio and video formats. It enables you to edit an input recording without changing its format.
- It offers customization. You can select the type of enhancement and the purpose of your audio file before processing.
- It includes a video editor as well. You can use your output audio on any video on the same platform.
- It offers built-in templates for News Videos, Collaboration Videos, Facebook Stories, etc.
- Quick audio enhancement results
- User-friendly interface
- Cloud storage available
- The free version is limited to 5 minus audio/per month.
- The Flixier Pro version costs $7/per month and the Business version costs $15/per month.
Podcasts are becoming increasingly popular with every passing day. The key to a successful podcast lies in professional and engaging sound quality. To achieve this, you need to utilize a high-quality audio enhancer to improve the sound of your input recordings.
This article highlights the 5 best audio enhancers for podcasters. We have compared the compatibility, introduction, interface, key features, pros & cons, and pricing of each tool. Pick the tool of your choice and start conquering the podcasting world with flawless audio.