“Around 94 million people living in the United States have a cholesterol level higher than 200 mg/dL.” Says the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention
High cholesterol is medically defined as a chronic disease characterized by abnormally high cholesterol levels in the bloodstream. Our body needs cholesterol to build healthy cells and make necessary hormones. When the total cholesterol level crosses the range of 130 mg/dL, one can be diagnosed with hypercholesterolemia.
Some of the significant health complications of high cholesterol can be stroke and other heart diseases. To avert the risk of medical complications that can risk your life, you should get regular body checkups done twice a year at least. In addition, men diagnosed with high cholesterol can experience problems getting an erection. Excess production of bad cholesterol in the bloodstream can create arterial plaques that can damage and block blood flow, resulting in erection problems.
One may take tablets like Viagra orCenforce 100 mg to treat difficulties in getting an erection.
However, such medication should always be taken after consulting a medical professional.
How Do I Know I Have High Cholesterol?
A disease like hypercholesterolemia usually doesn’t show any prior symptoms unless the medical condition progresses further. That is why doctors recommend people to get full body checkups done every once in a while to avert the risk of such diseases. The only sign that one might notice is the ones that may occur due to interlinked conditions.
Diseases like hypertension, coronary artery disease, and other heart diseases can hint at high cholesterol by the following symptoms.
- Chest pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Increased fatigue.
- Shortness of breath.
- Pain in the neck, jaw, upper abdomen, or back.
- Numbness in your extremities.
Taking a simple blood test can help determine whether you have high cholesterol or not. However, it is advised to consult a general physician who can help chart out an effective treatment plan for the disease. In addition, men diagnosed with hypercholesterolemia may face difficulties getting intimate with a spouse.
Increased cholesterol levels can lead to specific changes in the brain chemicals that might make it hard for a man to get an erection. Taking pills like Cialis orCenforce 100 mg can be highly efficient in treating erection-related health concerns.
Who Is at Risk For High Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a fat-like, waxy substance that plays a crucial role in developing cell membranes in our body. We get cholesterol mainly from our liver and through the food we eat. Increased cholesterol levels can lead to plaque development in arteries and make them narrow and hard.
This process is termed atherosclerosis, making it hard for blood to flow smoothly through the arteries. High cholesterol can occur for many reasons, but some factors put a person in a high-risk category. Some of the significant risk factors of high cholesterol are as follows.
- Family history: Researchers estimate that high cholesterol can be genetic and run in families. The chances of getting high cholesterol increase if one family member gets diagnosed with a similar illness.
- Age factor: Though the risk of getting diagnosed with hypercholesterolemia increases with age, it is not a necessity that everyone may call it. Factors like underlying health conditions and lifestyle choices are more significant determinants for the disease.
- Obesity: People who are overweight or obese can face an increased risk of high cholesterol levels. Increased weight in the body means increased fat tissue, making cholesterol levels elevate. Men who become obese may experience issues getting intimate with their spouses due to several factors.
Taking a pill like Cialis or Cenforce 100mg can be highly useful if any erectile difficulty arises.
- Unhealthy diet: People who take a diet consisting of high trans fats, saturated fats, and high calories can undoubtedly increase the risk of hypercholesterolemia. It is advised to lower the intake of meat, dairy products, processed and fried food to reduce the risk of the disease.
- Medical condition: People who already have pre-existing medical conditions like high blood pressure and diabetes are more prone to high cholesterol. It is advised to manage such diseases in the long run if one wants to lead a good quality of life.
Such conditions can also make a man experience some problems getting an erection. Medications like Cenforce 100mg can be taken to manage erection-related medical complications.
- Unhealthy lifestyle: A person may get diagnosed if they live a highly unhealthy lifestyle. Lifestyle choices like smoking tobacco products or staying highly inactive throughout the day certainly increase the chances of getting high cholesterol.
Living an unhealthy lifestyle can also make it hard for a man to trigger an erection while maintaining a physical relationship with a spouse. Instead of relying on pills like Viagra andCenforce 100 mgfor erectile difficulty, it is highly advised to bring in some healthier lifestyle changes.
CONCLUSION: A chronic disease like hypercholesterolemia can lead to significant health concerns that can risk an individual’s life. However, it is difficult to identify the presence of high cholesterol levels in the initial phase of illness. Therefore, keeping blood pressure, glucose, and cholesterol levels in check can help prevent major health concerns.
Men who take pills like Viagra or Cenforce 100 mg should always be cautious about the possible side effects of such medication.
NOTE: Tablets like Cialis and Cenforce 100 mg should only be taken through a valid prescription.