How would you protect your consumers’ information and data privacy whenever they browse your website? Also, the privacy of the company’s data is a major concern. The answer to these questions is simple: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates. These certificates can keep your user’s data and sensitive information secure when they access your website, purchase anything or fill out any forms. Here in this article, you will find everything you need to know about SSL certificates.
What is an SSL Certificate?
Secure Sockets Layer is a security protocol that is highly related and concerned with the customers’ information. This can help create a link that is encrypted between the web server and the browser. It can ensure that all the data and personal information is confidential. Sometimes, you have seen the lock icon right after the URL mentioned in the web address bar, and the SSL actually protects that.
Functions of SSL Certificates
SSL certification performs three fundamental functions:
● It guarantees that your website is safe from cyber-attacks.
● It identifies your website to your clients as a safe and secure site, assisting you in maintaining and increasing traffic.
● Websites that employ SSL technology are ranked better by the algorithms of Search engines such as Google.
The SSL Shop
The SSL Store is a great site to get an SSL certificate. The firm collaborates with several of the main certificate suppliers, and their yearly package fees are as follows:
● $14.95 for basic domain validation
● $94.50 for Essential SSL (Wildcard).
● Positive SSL (Wildcard) costs $130.00, OV SSL costs $86.50, and EV SSL costs $82.30.
Required Things to Get an SSL Certificate
Before you may purchase SSL certificate alternatives, you must first complete the following steps:
- Documents proving your and your company’s identification
- A distinct IP address
- An up-to-date and correct WHOIS record
Once everything is ready, apply for a suitable SSL certificate and keep your website safe.
How to Buy an SSL Certificate?
Here are a few steps to install the SSL certificates.
- The first step is verification of your website with the help of ICANN Lookup.
- Generating the request for signing up the certificate.
- You will then require submitting your CSR to the authority of certificate to validate your respective domain.
- And the last step is to install the certificate on your website.
Any website is much more than any display or billboard advertisement. It’s a full-fledged platform and is usually considered the data highway that connects your business to visitors. Whenever any user reaches your website, their IP addresses are transferred from one server connected to another. It is the company’s priority to keep the data safe and confidential. Without a safe connection, there is a high risk of exposing your personal data to the wrong hands and can be misused easily. In short, it is really important to have an SSL certificate specifically when you process financial transactions.